Provides administrative support to the Director of Life Groups. Assist the team in growing the ministries of the Adult Ministries, including but not limited to Men’s Ministries, Life Groups, Discipleship Team, Baptisms, Altar, and New Believers. In addition, help recruit Life Group Leaders plus lead Dream Teamers and interns to perform daily tasks and preparation for special meetings and events.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Serve as the initial point of contact for the Adult Ministries Department; responds to inquiries, both phone and email, regarding the ministries associated with the department.
- Provides administrative support to the Life Groups Director by:
- Managing calendars and scheduling appointments.
- Following up with Life Group Leader Prospects and tracking progress.
- Tracking and following up with meetings, tasks, events.
- Managing department calendar and assisting the Director of Life Groups with quarterly planning.
- Assisting the Director of Life Groups with the execution of departmental events.
- Assisting the Director of Life Groups with other duties as assigned.
- Provides administrative support to the Adult Ministries Pastors by:
- Drafting correspondence for ministry events, and promptly responding to inquiries and requests.
- Processing purchase requisitions within departmental budget guidelines and managing the Adult Ministries budget.
- Receiving visitors for the department and maintaining a customer service attitude in the office.
- Compiling data each week to provide an overview of the department in the executive report, Life Groups report, and other reports as needed.
- Tracking Life Group Leader Prospects and following up in a timely manner.
- Assisting with Dream Team and Life Group Leader training and events, which includes preparing materials for meetings, running errands as needed.
- Collaborating with our Creative Team to create promotional pieces for department.
- Coordinate other special events including but not limited to: Men’s Bible Studies, Life Group promotions and events, Quarterly Discipleship Trainings, and Baptism Events (weekends required for special events). From conception to clean-up, including but not limited to creative design, recruiting and leaders’ volunteers and interns, event preparation, product detail, registration, manning booths, handling monies, etc.
- Assist Discipleship with tracking salvations, rededications, baptisms.
- Assist with ordering items needed for alter and baptism.
- Keeping a record of supplies and order as needed.
- A minimum of two (2) years of secretarial and general clerical experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, orally and in writing.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task and excel in a fast-paced work environment while maintaining organization and accuracy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the public.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures including, poised phone presence, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, church database, Life Group tracking system, filing, copying, proper English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and required.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. James River Church staff are expected and considered to share in the responsibility of practicing and propagating the Christian gospel message and upholding the doctrine of the Church (the employer), as stated on our website and in our Bylaws. As leaders and ministers of the gospel, staff therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.