Under the supervision of the Food Service Director, the Administrative Assistant to the Food Service Director will be responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day operations for the James River Café and James River Bistro. The Administrative Assistant will also assist in other various duties as assigned by the director of the Food Service Department.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- General clerical duties including photocopying, answering phone calls and emails, and checking mailbox daily.
- Approve and adjust Food Service employee time adjustments and time off requests.
- Process monthly bankcard statements and expense reports for Food Service Department staff.
- Organize and maintain employee access records, submit network logins, keys, and badge requests for new hire and termination of Food Service employees.
- Prepare weekly executive report for department.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments for the Food Service Director.
- Point of Sale accounts management and monthly statement billing.
- Interdepartmental weekly invoicing.
- Process weekly invoice payments to vendors.
- Maintain all schedules, systems, calendars, gift card inventory, office supply inventory, and records.
- Create and revise systems and documents as necessary.
- Assist the Food Service Director with budget management.
- Any other related duties as assigned by the Food Service Director.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in administration is necessary.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment; as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to get along well with others and handle confidential matters.
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally orally and in writing.
- PC skills including Excel, Outlook, Publisher, and Word.
- Must be punctual, pleasant, and tactful with professional appearance and conduct.
- Exhibit professionalism and always maintain confidentiality.
- Capacity to interact positively with and provide service to others at all levels within James River Church.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the public.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting critical deadlines.
- Must have strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.