The Administrative Assistant is positioned to provide support and assistance to the Lead Pastor/JRWDFL Director in various duties as assigned.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
Personal Assistant Responsibilities:
- Oversee the Youth High School and Junior High Director’s calendar and contacts on a daily basis including scheduling for all appointments.
- Filter, respond, and file appropriately all emails throughout the day. This also includes reviewing emails not yet responded to and sending reminders as well as an update each week on those that have been taken care of.
- Organize all Guest Speaker travel details to include flight reservations, hotel reservations, rental car reservations, and trip itineraries.
- Submit Creative Team requests as needed for James River Youth.
- Assist with communication and hosting of all special guests and camp speakers.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings as needed.
- Coordination and preparation of special events.
- Process credit card statements.
- Organize all personalized gifts for speakers to include birthdays and special occasions as well as gifts for visiting groups, pastors, and churches.
- Assist with drafting letters, emails, and note cards.
- Any other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain attendance records/ updating F1GO as needed.
- Collect service attendance from all campuses Dream Team Coordinators – Students, Dream Teamers, Adult Hosts, Security, Pastor Leads, etc.
- Keep records of attendance with regards to special events / RSVP or registration related to Retreat, Camp, Project Partnership, etc.
- Work with the Office Manager/data to coordinate email and text campaigns.
- Collect VIP/Salvation and Baptism numbers and send out email/postcard follow-up.
- Assist with printing and preparing South service materials and handouts.
Life Group Responsibilities:
- Coordination of all Life Group leader/ Student attendee communication.
- Development and distribution of all Life Group curriculum/ talking points – based on the message content.
- Attendance records for all Life Group’s.
- Support regarding Life Group connect, recruitment, and training.
James River College / Practicum Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support in coordination and communication of James River College practicum presentation.
- Communication coordination with all James River Youth practicum students regarding scheduling.
- Assist with any curriculum needs for all meetings.
- Responsible for RSVP tracking and lists as it relates to James River Youth events.
- Assist to support South Pastoral Leads with all Camp and Retreat related preparedness.
- Tracking, reporting, and record keeping of all registration numbers.
- Assist with parent/student communication as it relates to registration for events.
- Working with the registration department to keep track of all events related to registration income – assisting with any communication regarding Brushfire and refunds.
- Assisting the James River Youth team with any special events as needed:
- 6Th Grade Orientation Plan.
- James River College Practicum.
- Senior High Fall Retreat.
- Senior High Graduation events.
- James River Youth Camps.
- Giving guidance to James River Youth support staff regarding responsibilities with ALL Church Events including Designed Sisterhood Night, Easter, Stronger Men’s Conference, Life Group Connect, Designed for Life, etc.
Dream Team / Altar / VIP Oversight:
- Provide oversight to the Dream Team Lead Coordinator.
- Ensure the quality of the Grow Track week 4 presentation, Dream Team training, assimilation, and communication.
- Work alongside the Dream Team Lead to address and coordinate any changes to coaches and Dream Team structure.
- Ensure all VIP/Altar follow-up is handled in a timely manner.
- Two (2) years of general clerical experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment; as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to get along well with others and handle confidential matters.
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally orally and in writing.
- PC skills including spreadsheet, database query, and word processing.
- Must be punctual, pleasant, and tactful with professional appearance and conduct.
- Exhibit professionalism and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Capacity to interact positively with and provide service to others at all levels within James River Church.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the general public.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting critical deadlines.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.