The Assistant primarily provides administrative assistance to the Director of JR College, and the JR College department. The position will play an active role in the successful execution of data management, accounting, communication, and events hosted by JR College. This position provides leadership, mentorship and direction for students attending JR College. This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position at our South campus.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Answer phone calls to the Director’s office.
- Create and update the Director’s appointment calendar.
- Create agendas for and keeps the minutes of JRLC Staff Meetings.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Is responsible to give overall administrative support for the following JRLC events.
- JRLC Graduation Celebration.
- Graduation activities with Evangel University.
- Receive, review and award scholarships based on set requirements.
- Send award email or letter to recipients and keep track of all scholarships awarded.
- Communicate scholarship awards with Evangel University.
- Enter all awards into the data base for Evangel University.
- Tracks calendar and pertinent information from Evangel University regarding JRLC involvement.
- Updates academic calendar to sync with Evangel University.
- Attend monthly meetings with Evangel University Financial Services staff.
- Acts as a primary liaison between JRLC and Evangel University for administrative needs.
- Financial aid and billing: coordinates with RD housing forms & deposits and meal plan forms and works with Evangel for billing.
- Student records: receives drop/add forms from Librarian to transport to Evangel.
Professors and Students:
- Creates and edits academic schedules with Evangel and professors.
- Advises students on schedules.
- Coordinates communication handoff to JRLC librarian for day to day operations in the classroom.
- Assist JRLC Director and Operations Director in the creation of the yearly budget.
- Track the budget and communicate any needed changes throughout the year.
- Attend monthly budget meetings with the JRLC leadership team.
- Answer financial inquiries from the JRLC leadership and/or Operations department.
- Make necessary journal entries.
Credit Card Statements:
- Create POs and collect receipts for the Director and the Men’s Resident Director Statements.
- Maintain the Expense Report for the Director.
- Coordinate credit card statements and spending for the departmental members.
- Receives all invoices and fills out POs for payment.
- Collect money received in JRLC chapel offerings.
- JRLC deposits.
- Collects names and folders for Monday night visitation for the Director.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Three (3) years in an administrative support function; OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Accounting and/or management experience degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong administrative and communication skills.
- Ability to perform secretarial and clerical duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision.
- Advanced knowledge of the JRLC department, and James River Church.
- Ability and strong desire to communicate with and assist college students.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, telephone techniques, and office equipment, as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the general public.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.