The Administrative Assistant will serve as a member of the Communication staff and assist in various duties as assigned by the Director of Communication. The Administrative Assistant will assist the Director of Communication with office communication and management.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist Director of Communication with Office Communications
- Serve as an editor at the direction of the Director of Communication
- All general office duties (correspondence, phone calling, computer tasks, scheduling appointments, mail, email, ordering of supplies, maintaining a filing system, etc.).
- Compose letters when requested and assure all correspondence is mailed in a timely manner.
- Assist the Director of Communication in the management of calendar (including the scheduling of appointments, the updating of his Outlook calendar, etc.)
- Assist the Director of Communication in the management of physical and electronic files (including email management, contact management, in office filing, and the filing of documents electronically).
- Assist in task management at the direction of the Director of Communication
- Project manage at the direction of the Director of Communication
- Send video and design requests to the CT team as directed by the Director of Communication
- Send Digital Marketing requests to the DM team as directed by the Director of Communication
- Two (2) years of general clerical experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment; as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to get along well with others and handle confidential matters.
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally orally and in writing.
- PC skills including spreadsheet, database query, and word processing.
- Must be punctual, pleasant and tactful with professional appearance and conduct.
- Exhibit professionalism and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Capacity to interact positively with and provide service to others at all levels within James River Church.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the general public.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting critical deadlines.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.