The Assistant Connections Dream Team Coordinator at James River Church is a part-time position which includes all Sunday and Wednesday service times at his/her assigned campus. This person will oversee Grow Track, Dream Team Central, Connect Center, New People Party, new visitor information at his/her assigned campus, as well as other duties as assigned.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversee the setup, hosting, implementation, and teardown of Grow Track each week at the assigned campus given.
- Report the number of attendees weekly to the Connections Director and Grow Track Coordinator.
- Assist in connecting people to Dream Teams and Life Groups at the assigned campus.
- Recruit, train, and roster Dream Team to serve in Grow Track at the assigned campus given, as well as other campuses as needed.
- Track inventory of Grow Track materials and coordinate ordering when necessary.
- Be the point person for Membership Lunch.
- Oversee the setup, hosting, and teardown.
Dream Team Central:
- Oversee the setup, hosting, implementation, and teardown of Dream Team Central each week at your assigned campus.
- Recruit, train, and roster Dream Team to serve in Dream Team Central as needed at your assigned campus, as well as other campuses as needed.
- Track inventory of Dream Team Central food and supplies as well as coordinate ordering when necessary.
- Oversee the setup, hosting, and implementation of the Connect Center each week at your assigned campus.
- Recruit, train, and roster the Dream Team to serve in the Connect Center at your assigned campus, as well as other campuses as needed.
- Call scheduled visitors within 24 hours of receiving the email throughout the week.
- Alert Connect Center team about individuals coming who have scheduled a visit.
- Call scheduled visitors that scheduled over the weekend.
- Coordinate with James River Café to ensure that each Connect Center is stocked with refreshments for guests.
- Collect all visitor information from various departments at assigned campus.
- Work with other James River Church departments to ensure that we are collecting as much new visitor information as possible at your assigned campus.
- Send pictures of all the various visitor information to the Church Data Management team at the end of each service.
- Assist the Connection Department with all events hosted by the Connection Department.
- Attend team meetings, staff chapels, and other meetings deemed necessary by the Connections Director.
- Other tasks and/or duties as assigned.
- Must exhibit good organizational and management skills.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and equipment.
- Knowledge of how to use Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- When duties allow, attend regularly scheduled services in the church unless asked to work during a service by Lead Pastor or Connections Director.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to operate unsupervised, must be self-motivated.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, and punctuality.
- An attitude of hospitality and excellence in all you do.
- Must be a “team player” in all relationships within the office and church.
- Exhibit confidentiality and discretion when dealing with all ministries matters.
- Must be able to deal with emergencies and security issues in a calm and confidential way.
- Solid Knowledge of James River Church and events.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. James River Church staff are expected and considered to share in the responsibility of practicing and propagating the Christian gospel message and upholding the doctrine of the Church (the employer), as stated on our website and in our Bylaws. As leaders and ministers of the gospel, staff therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.