The Building Support role is positioned to work closely with the Building Support Manager in the day-to-day custodial tasks. Responsibility consists of all aspects of maintaining the overall appearance and cleanliness of the James River Church South Campus.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Implement actions and execute processes necessary to meet goals and promote continual improvement.
- Involved in maintaining inventory of custodial supplies as directed by the Building Support Manager.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of custodial equipment, supplies, and other work areas as directed by the Building Support Manager.
- Have a working knowledge of the Church Calendar.
- Provide custodial support for event set-up and tear-down, including large Special Events, as noted in the Church Calendar, and directed by the Building Support Manager.
- Complete all assigned daily and weekly checklists and reports as directed by the Building Support Manager.
- Oversee locking and arming the building when necessary.
- Special Events are to be noted as “all hands-on deck” and can be expected.
- Performs all other duties as assigned and required.
- Preferred experience related to working knowledge of methods, equipment, and materials used in all aspects of custodial care.
- Availability to work extra hours as needed for special and/or large events held or hosted by James River Church.
- Shift availability 6 am to 9 pm 7 days a week. Schedule provided in advance with days off during the work week.
- Ability to lift 80 pounds.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of operation and maintenance of custodial equipment.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail.
- Possess effective human relations and communication skills to work proactively with staff, congregation, and community.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to clearly understand, interpret, and execute both oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read and correctly interpret SDS (Safety Data Sheets).
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, and the public.
- Be able to manage multiple projects at once with no decline in quality control.
- Flexibility with working in a culture of improvement.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.