Work closely with the Director of Facilities in the day-to-day custodial needs of the South Campus James River Facilities.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
Responsible to lead and manage the custodial team by:
- Create work plans necessary to accomplish objectives and goals as agreed upon by the Facilities Director.
- Measure, monitor, analyze, and implement actions necessary to meet goals and drive continual improvement.
- Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with the Church’s plans and vision and communicate to the subordinates.
- Develop, update, and assign checklists and reports.
- Work with the Facilities Coordinator to produce weekly reports.
Custodial Staff Supervision:
- Continually ensure a high-quality level of cleanliness throughout the building.
- Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated task.
- Work with custodial staff to address and resolve issues with regular training and re-training, as necessary.
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Perform regular inspections of buildings with custodial staff for quality assurance.
- Accountable for quality control, quality assurance, and appearance of building.
- Coordinate with Custodial Quality Control and training to ensure proper corrective actions have been made.
Building & Equipment:
- Continually keep custodial equipment organized, clean, maintained, and repaired.
- Responsible for organization and cleanliness of maintenance hall between Hub office and East Hall.
- Oversee locking and arming the building when necessary.
- Oversees and manages members of the custodial team related to ongoing and special events.
- Have a working knowledge of the Church Calendar and work closely with the Calendar Coordinator.
- Special Events are to be noted as all hands-on deck.
- Three (3) years in a supervisory role of at least three (3) people.
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to at least three (3) years’ working in custodial and/or supervision experience.
- Be available to be on call for any Sunday breakdowns that would create an emergency.
- Availability to work 6 am to 9 pm 7 days a week.
- Availability to work extra hours as needed for special and/or large events held or hosted by James River Church.
- Ability to lift 80 lbs.
- Experience with Project Management and budget management.
- Experience with heavy machinery, including but not limited to forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of operation and maintenance of custodial equipment.
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate and supervise the work of others.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail.
- Possess effective human relations and communications skills to work proactively with staff and the community.
- Able to make independent decisions, issue clear and concise oral and written instructions, and the follow same as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned and required.
- Ability to read and correctly interpret SDS (Safety Data Sheets).
- PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, and Teams).
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, and the public.
- Ability to successfully lead a team to accomplish various tasks.
- Be able to manage multiple projects at once with no decline in quality control.
- Meeting prep includes creating agenda, leading meetings, managing tasks, and information acquired in meetings.
- Flexibility with working in a culture of improvement.
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.