Serves as Campground Caretaker and Coordinator of reservations for James River Church Campground (in Huggins, MO). This is a full-time position, 34 hours weekly. This position ensures the facility is clean and prepared for guests and assists as needed in the areas of administration, checklists, inventories, procedures, and reservations.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist in coordinating reservations for James River Campground.
- Administrative work related to emails, phones, and processing paperwork.
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of buildings and surrounding grounds.
- Performs general, routine custodial duties, including dusting, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning, restocking, and laundry.
- Empties trash receptacles.
- Prepare buildings by doing laundry, making beds, and cleaning to a highly detailed standard.
- Pull weeds, fertilize, and plant when needed in landscaped areas.
- Maintain landscaping by weeding flower beds, trimming bushes, and watering flowers, shrubs, and trees.
- Perform minor repairs, replacement of air filters, light bulbs, painting, etc.
- Complete all required checklists for landscaping and cleaning of buildings.
- Regularly monitor supplies in all buildings and restock when necessary.
- Any other related duties as assigned by the Camp Manager.
- Experience with computers and scheduling.
- Experience with custodial and groundskeeping working knowledge of methods, equipment, and materials.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of custodial and grounds tools.
- Ability to get along well with others and handle confidential matters.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment; as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally orally and in writing.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.