The Creative Team Film Department is responsible for producing all video content for James River Church. We tell stories through video, produce weekly television programs, weekend experience videos, television ads, promotional content for social media, event openers, bumpers, LED content, event coverage, and anything else that involves producing video content. We create works that build the local church and inspire audiences to grow in their personal faith.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
Shoot and edit videos as needed.
Produce our weekly video announcements, including writing scripts, shooting, editing, and post-production.
Produce a variety of videos including promotional pieces for the video announcements and online media outlets.
Assist in producing a variety of videos, including promotional pieces for social media, highlights, and behind the scenes videos.
Manage the technical aspects of a video set including professional handling of cameras, confidently rigging lighting, and help create sets in pre-production.
Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
- Must provide a Film portfolio available for review online. May include a link in the resume or application.
- 2+ years experience in video production (shooting and editing with Adobe Premiere).
- Film degree or equivalent experience.
- Passionate about the Gospel and motivated in building the local church.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Very high attention to detail.
Great time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
Exceptional communication skills.
Energetic and fun-loving.
Willingness to learn, grow in skillset, and remain flexible.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.