James River College Events Coordinator provides oversite to James River College events. The position will play an active role in the successful execution of James River College event planning, student involvement in JRC church wide events, and day-to-day James River College operations. This position also oversees the James River College YouTube channel by creating/filming content and uploading new video content weekly.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
James River College Culture and Student Development:
- Coordinate James River College and Church Calendar
- Assist with the Coordination and Execution of Fine Arts Festival and General Council.
- Assist in overseeing James River College student rostering for James River College events and Church wide events.
- Communicate to the James River College students for day-to-day functions.
- Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings as directed.
- Oversee James River College YouTube and content.
- Event Planning for current and future James River College Students
- Such as, but not limited to, Student Orientation, College Days, Graduation, and other college events.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Two (2) years of secretarial and general clerical experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of the James River College department, and James River Church.
- Ability and strong desire to communicate and assist college students.
- Experienced in scheduling, organization, and time management.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, telephone techniques, and office equipment, as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to perform secretarial and clerical duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the general public.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. James River Church staff are expected and considered to share in the responsibility of practicing and propagating the Christian gospel message and upholding the doctrine of the Church (the employer), as stated on our website and in our Bylaws. As leaders and ministers of the gospel, staff therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.