The North Campus Connections Department Coordinator at James River Church is a part-time position which includes all Sunday and Wednesday service times at his/her assigned campus. This person will oversee Grow Track, Dream Team Central, Connect Center, New People Party, new visitor information at his/her assigned campus, as well as other duties as assigned.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversee the setup, hosting, implementation, and teardown of Grow Track each week at the assigned campus given.
- Report the number of attendees weekly to the Connections Director and Grow Track Coordinator.
- Assist in connecting people to Dream Teams and Life Groups at the assigned campus.
- Recruit, train, and roster Dream Team to serve in Grow Track at the assigned campus given, as well as other campuses as needed.
- Track inventory of Grow Track materials and coordinate ordering when necessary.
- Be the point person for Membership Lunch.
- Oversee the setup, hosting, and teardown.
Dream Team Central:
- Oversee the setup, hosting, implementation, and teardown of Dream Team Central each week at your assigned campus.
- Recruit, train, and roster Dream Team to serve in Dream Team Central as needed at your assigned campus, as well as other campuses as needed.
- Track inventory of Dream Team Central food and supplies as well as coordinate ordering when necessary.
- Oversee the setup, hosting, and implementation of the Connect Center each week at your assigned campus.
- Recruit, train, and roster the Dream Team to serve in the Connect Center at your assigned campus, as well as other campuses as needed.
- Call scheduled visitors within 24 hours of receiving the email throughout the week.
- Alert Connect Center team about individuals coming who have scheduled a visit.
- Call scheduled visitors that are scheduled over the weekend.
- Coordinate with James River Café to ensure that each Connect Center is stocked with refreshments for guests.
- Collect all visitor information from various departments at the assigned campus given.
- Work with other James River Church departments to ensure that we are collecting as much new visitor information as possible at your assigned campus.
- Send pictures of all the various visitor information to the Church Data Management team at the end of each service.
- Assist the Connection Department with all events hosted by the Connection Department.
- Attend team meetings, staff chapels, and other meetings deemed necessary by the Connections Director.
- Other tasks and/or duties as assigned.
- Must exhibit good organizational and management skills.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and equipment.
- Knowledge of how to use Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- When duties allow, attend regularly scheduled services in the church unless asked to work during service by the Lead Pastor or Connections Director.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to operate unsupervised, must be self-motivated.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, and punctuality.
- An attitude of hospitality and excellence in all you do.
- Must be a “team player” in all relationships within the office and church.
- Exhibit confidentiality and discretion when dealing with all ministries matters.
- Must be able to deal with emergencies and security issues in a calm and confidential way.
- Solid Knowledge of James River Church and events.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.