Under the direction of the Director of Communication, the Content Coordinator will be responsible for managing, scheduling, and coordinating content on various platforms – including, but not limited to website, social platforms, email campaigns, JRTV, online campus, etc.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist the Director of Communication to maintain and update the Content Calendar, including:
- James River TV
- Social Media
- You Tube
- Virtual Foyer
- Highway Signs
- Church Online LIVE Hosting
- Hallway Signage
- Other James River sites and platforms
- Coordinating the above with Church News
- Website copywriting and blogs
- Create a social media strategy that accomplishes the current objectives of growing the churches online platform
- Write and schedule social media posts for Pastor Johnand James River Church
- Gather and record quotes during weekly services and church events in a manner that is easily accessible
- Work with Digital Marketing to research and test social media trends to improve engagement and growth of the platforms
- Work with CT and the Social Media Content Creator produce engaging and well-designed content for Pastor John’s and the church’s social media
- Read and respond to social media comments and direct messages with tact, discernment and in a timely manner
- Create a content calendar for social media
- Create an efficient and fun review process for social media
- Consistently improve the quality of the Virtual Foyer
- Provide clear talking points
- Coordinate props
- Ensure systems are in place for a smooth program.
- Create a content calendar that is communicated to the Director of Communications
James River TV:
- Ensure programs on holiday or sensitive weekends have appropriate programming
- Work with the Director of Communications to review and edit the program.
- Create a consistently updated list of content to air in the future
- Create an email strategy (based on thorough research) to create a welcome mat and call to action
Writing and Research Responsibilities:
- Write the first draft for marketing and giving post cards.
- Write the first draft for marketing and giving letters.
- Write the first draft for Intros and Outros for JRTV
- Write the first draft for video scripts – marketing and giving updates, announcement videos, etc.
- Social Media captions
- Work with the Online Campus in creating and maintaining a warm and inclusive communication
- Develop a system for blog writing and publishing
- Provide text edits to print pieces and insights to the Director of Communication
- Provide text edits to email campaigns
- Proof and edit all letters and emails
- Provide insight and edits to Church News Scripts
- Regularly audit the James River Church website for updated copy, form submission accuracy, kickback email quality
- Work with various departments in editing email campaigns, website verbiage, and print pieces
- Bachelor’s degree
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities & experience and be able to explain & demonstrate that the essential functions of the job can be performed
- Knowledge of Social Media
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- PC skills including Excel, Outlook, Publisher, and Word.
- Capacity to interact positively with and provide service to others at all levels within JRC.
- Exhibit confidentiality at all times
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting critical deadlines.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led, and staff driven with board oversight. James River Church staff are expected and considered to share in the responsibility of practicing and propagating the Christian gospel message and upholding the doctrine of the Church (the employer), as stated on our website and in our Bylaws. As leaders and ministers of the gospel, staff therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.