Essential Responsibilities & Duties
Assist the Director of Communication to maintain and update the Content Calendar, including:
- James River TV
- Social Media
- You Tube
- Virtual Foyer
- Highway Signs
- Church Online LIVE Hosting
- LIVE with David & Brandon
- Hallway Signage
- Other James River sites and platforms
- Pink Mug
- Coordinating the above with Church News
- Create a social media strategy that accomplishes the current objectives of growing the churches online platform
- Write and schedule social media posts for Pastor Johnand James River Church
- Gather and record quotes during weekly services and church events in a manner that is easily accessible
- Work with Digital Marketing to research and test social media trends to improve engagement and growth of the platforms
- Work with CT and the Social Media Content Creator produce engaging and well-designed content for Pastor John’s and the church’s social media
- Read and respond to social media comments and direct messages with tact, discernment and in a timely manner
- Create a content calendar for social media
- Create an efficient and fun review process for social media
- Recruit and schedule Dream Team for social media coverage of weekly services and church events
- Consistently improve the quality of the Virtual Foyer
- Provide clear talking points
- Coordinate props
- And ensure systems are in place for a smooth program
- Create a content calendar that is communicated to Pastor John and Debbie
James River TV:
- Ensure programs on holiday or sensitive weekends have appropriate programming
- Work with a Pastoral Assistant to review and edit the program
- Create a consistently updated list of content to air in the future
- Create an email strategy (based on thorough research) to create a welcome mat and call to action
Writing and Research Responsibilities:
- Write the first draft for Welcome to the Future post cards
- Write the first draft for Welcome to the Future letters
- Write the first draft for Intros and Outros for JRTV
- Write the first draft for video scripts – WTTF updates, announcement videos, etc.
- Social Media captions
- Work with the Online Campus in creating and maintaining a warm and inclusive communication
- Develop a system for blog writing and publishing
- Provide text edits to print pieces and insights to the Director of Communication
- Provide text edits to email campaigns
- Proof and edit all letters and emails
- Provide insight and edits to Church News Scripts, Pink Mug episodes
- Regularly audit the James River Church website for updated copy, form submission accuracy, kickback email quality
- Work with various departments in editing email campaigns, website verbiage, and print pieces
- Minimum one (1) year experience working in a professional, fast-paced, business, or church office environment, preferably with an emphasis on communications and marketing responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities & experience and be able to explain & demonstrate that the essential functions of the job can be performed
- Knowledge of Social Media
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- PC skills including Excel, Outlook, Publisher, and Word.
- Capacity to interact positively with and provide service to others at all levels within JRC.
- Exhibit confidentiality at all times
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting critical deadlines.
Code of Conduct & Character
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry