As the Creative Team Project Manager, you’ll get to advance the gospel by managing workflow and project assignments for the Creative Team and provide professional administrative assistance to the Creative Team Director. As the internal point of contact for all projects, you will serve as the liaison with all church departments and vendors, as well as process all departmental project requests. You will assist the Creative Team Director in overseeing and managing the end-to-end development of projects.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Know the project scope, details, and status at all times. Interact with the Creative Team to determine project feasibility based on scope and timing and identify and prevent possible risks that may affect projects.
- Create, update, and maintain detailed project schedules in our project management software and ensure that all deadlines are met according to the schedule. Meets weekly with the Creative Team Director to discuss and gain approval on requests before assigning them to team members.
- Participate in planning, providing the execution strategy (pricing, deliverables, and timing) for all projects.
- Manage vendor/agency partner relationships in terms of execution and deliverables.
- Function as the first point of contact in securing appropriate internal and external resources for existing projects and play an integral role in all decisions regarding project resources, budgets, process, and schedules.
- Work with departments and leadership to identify and secure project resources and provide project status updates.
- Assist the’ Creative Team Director in the creation of the yearly budget for the Creative Team and maintain the monthly expense report for the Creative Team Director.
- Process all invoices, credit cards, and purchase orders in a timely and accurate fashion for approval by the Creative Team Director on a monthly basis.
- Creates journal entries to church departments whenever necessary to cover orders with printing vendors, signage vendors, etc.
- Assist the Creative Team Director by monitoring and replying to email and filing emails as directed.
- Schedule meetings and other appointments for the Creative Team Director while also making travel arrangements when necessary.
- Performs all additional administrative office duties as listed: ordering of supplies, maintaining a filing system for office documents, and compiling weekly project recap information for the Creative Team for submission in the Executive Team Report.
- 3 to 5 years of project management experience
- Strong communicator with excellent written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong administrative skills including great written and verbal skills
- Experience managing a team size of 8 to 10 including, but not limited to strategic services, creative services and print production (preferred but not required)
- Experience with Asana Project Management Software (preferred but not required)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, having excellent judgement while working in a fast-paced environment
- Organized self-starter and ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Passionate about the Gospel and motivated in building the local church
- Familiarity with James River Church (preferred but not required)
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. James River Church staff are expected and considered to share in the responsibility of practicing and propagating the Christian gospel message and upholding the doctrine of the Church (the employer), as stated on our website and in our Bylaws. As leaders and ministers of the gospel, staff therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.