The Data Entry Assistant supports the various ministries of James River Church in data entry tasks.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Assists with Data Entry projects in the ChMS as directed by the Data Management Coordinator.
- Daily job responsibilities included but are not limited to profile updates, duplicate profile management, subscribes and unsubscribes from church communication, uploading profile pictures and/or documents, etc.
- Transcribing of Prayer & Praise Testimonies.
- Provide overlap expertise and support with entering in-person and online salvations, rededications, and baptism experiences into the ChMS.
- Assist with posting attendance as needed into the ChMS.
- Assist with Data Entry projects for event registrations in the ChMS and/or Brushfire.
- Assist with “day of” event registration needs and onsite check-in as needed.
- Report weekly to Data Management Coordinator
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned by the Data Management Coordinator
- At all times have an updated master binder with process and procedure of all Essential Functions & Job Duties listed below.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment; as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to get along well with others and handle confidential matters.
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally orally and in writing.
- PC skills including spreadsheet, database query and word processing.
- Must be punctual, pleasant and tactful with professional appearance and conduct.
- Exhibit professionalism and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Capacity to interact positively with and provide service to others at all levels within JRC.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the general public.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while meeting critical deadlines.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of Fellowship One church software is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of Brushfire software is preferred but not required.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led, and staff driven with board oversight. James River Church staff are expected and considered to share in the responsibility of practicing and propagating the Christian gospel message and upholding the doctrine of the Church (the employer), as stated on our website and in our Bylaws. As leaders and ministers of the gospel, staff therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.