The Digital Marketing & Web Specialist position is purposed to assist in managing and improving the communication and marketing systems of James River Church. Under the leadership of the Digital Marketing Director; this role assists in expanding the ministry of the church by creating, curating, and publishing content on the James River Church websites as well as social media and all other marketing platforms. This position will also assist and handle the technical aspects of our marketing systems and websites. We are looking for someone with any combination of skills and experience between a website developer/admin and/or a marketing expert; with the ability to apply marketing strategies in a digital landscape using web-based solutions and applications. If you do not currently meet all the listed job requirements and duties but have the drive and willingness to learn, we would encourage you to still apply.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
Webmaster & Online Systems Manager:
- Website management, maintenance, and webmaster responsibilities for all James River Church and affiliated WordPress websites and servers.
- Creation and implementation of new ideas to improve website presence, user engagement, usability, and security.
- Implementation of proper Search Engine Optimization strategies and practices.
- Setup and maintenances of registration systems (Brushfire) and check-in.
- Management of email marketing system including contact database, email creation, integration with other software, and improving email engagement.
- Setup, maintenance, and working knowledge of marketing platforms such as (but not limited to) Moz, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Subsplash, Google My Business, Podbean, YouTube, and Gravity Forms (or equivalent).
Content & Publishing:
- Creation, proofreading, curation, publishing, updating, and quality control for all digital content such as blogs, landing pages, event promotion, sermon pages, registration, conferences, and all other supporting pages.
- Training of departments to produce applicable and relevant content.
- Develop and implement campaigns strategies to maximize the reach, effectiveness, and engagement of content marketing.
- Research new marketing trends and techniques to evaluate their potential, effectiveness, and relevancy to work in the Church space.
- Coordinate with social media teams to ensure consistency and cohesiveness of content within the overarching marketing campaign.
- Assist with social media engagement and audience response.
- Create, manage, and analyze paid social media campaigns ensuring coordination with the organic social media teams.
- Assist the social media administration team in managing appropriate user access, implementation of high account security, and maintaining account integrity across all James River Church and affiliated social media accounts.
- Integration of social media accounts with other various marketing software and platforms.
General marketing responsibilities:
- Maintaining a healthy relationship with any third-party marketing teams.
- Ability to pull and analyze marketing data to provide summary reports with key findings related to campaign success, user engagement, historical trends, and overall effectiveness of marketing initiatives.
- Provide training and marketing expertise for all internal James River Church departments ensuring healthy and positive working relationships.
- Continual pursuit of new marketing research and development.
- Bachelor’s or associate degree preferably in computer science, marketing, communications, advertising, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of working experience and advanced technical knowledge of webmaster responsibilities and website infrastructure maintenance.
- Minimum two (2) years of working experience and advanced knowledge of the following programs: WordPress, Google Suite products, MailChimp, popular social media platforms, Microsoft Office, and Gravity Forms (or equivalent applications).
- Proven ability to work in a professional, fast-paced, church office environment, and preferably with an emphasis on communications and marketing responsibilities.
- Experience with inbound and content marketing strategies (ability to show examples of past campaigns is desired).
- Experience with digital advertising across various platforms with a variety of campaign goals.
- Experience in graphic design is desired, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to fulfill webmaster responsibilities and maintain an excellent infrastructure across multiple websites.
- Ability to be the in-house expert in providing leadership and direction for the implementation of digital solutions and software to meet strategic goals to fulfill the vision of the Church and Leadership staff.
- Knowledge and understanding of proper SEO strategies, techniques, and best practices.
- Ability to work in teams with a wide variation of knowledge and understanding of marketing and digital applications.
- Demonstrates excellent decision making and problem-solving abilities without immediate and constant supervision.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Always maintain a high level of confidentiality with regards to phone, email, and all other forms of communication.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, telephone techniques, and office equipment, as well as English usage.
- Excellent writing capability and understanding of spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the public
- High aptitude in strategic planning, technology, and problem solving.
- Able to collaborate on projects and campaigns within and outside of the church.
- Able to work under tight deadlines and pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and required.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.