The Designed Sisterhood Graphic Designer will create and develop graphic design under the direction and vision of the Lead Pastor and Asst. Director M&M. The individual must possess the ability to clearly communicate the strategies behind design ideas. The graphic designer role requires creativity, imaginative aptitude, awareness of current trends in the visual arts, and working knowledge of the latest software. Must have organizational skills to manage project lead times, deadlines and production capabilities – for the purpose of communicating the Gospel in a clear, concise, and creative way.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Serves on the Designed Sisterhood team to develop and design graphic art keeping with the vision set forth by the Lead Pastor for all assignments including all Designed Sisterhood, Designed for Life, and James River Church event publications as assigned.
- Produces high-quality graphic design developed to the specific request and approval of the Lead Pastor’s office and the Designed Sisterhood Office under the guidelines set forth for all James River Church designs.
- Protects the James River Church brand by creating visually cohesive designs consistent with the JRC brand. Words that describe the James River Church brand include but are not limited to life, joy, happiness, enthusiasm, encouragement, etc.
- Develops graphic content for DS, DFL and Debbie Lindell websites, digital marketing and social media.
- Works with production to design screen graphics for all DS/DFL events.
- Assists with the research and development of resource products and apparel. Assist in setup of Designed Sisterhood product for the Designed for Life boutique and Designed Sisterhood events.
- Assists with the production of approved design requests from church-wide departments as directed by DS Director.
- Recognizes the importance of serving and strengthening the heart and vision of the church.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
- Recommended Bachelor’s degree in graphic design/arts and/or marketing/communications; or equivalent degree.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience working in graphic design.
- Prefer the applicant have experience using the following programs/computers: Microsoft Word and Excel; PC and Mac.
- Skilled in all areas of graphic design and displays a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrate the ability to monitor and manage several assignments concurrently including collaborating with the Lead Pastor’s office, Creative Team, and church-wide departments in the execution of graphic design projects as assigned.
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines and pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary and cross-departmental teams to develop concepts, storyboards, creative approaches, etc.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for learning new computer software programs.
- Demonstrate strong leadership capabilities and organization.
- Must be a strong team player and take direction well.
- Demonstrate decision making and problem-solving abilities without immediate and constant supervision.
- Always maintain a high level of confidentiality with regards to phone, email, and other forms of communication.
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate, and possess the ability to handle frequent interruptions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, and public.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment, as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally, and in writing.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led, and staff driven with board oversight. James River Church staff are expected and considered to share in the responsibility of practicing and propagating the Christian gospel message and upholding the doctrine of the Church (the employer), as stated on our website and in our Bylaws. As leaders and ministers of the gospel, staff therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.