To work closely with the Early Childhood Area Coordinator in overseeing assigned area during services. Responsible for building relationships with dream teamers through prayer, encouragement, and assistance as needed to ensure the physical and spiritual wellbeing of the children in our care. Will work closely with the Early Childhood team on special projects; must have a passion for team building and support the vision of the church
- Sundays 7:00-1:30 (6 ½ hrs)
- Wednesday 5:30-9:00 (3 ½ hrs)
- As weekday hours allow assist with room setup (2 hrs)
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
Assist with Sunday/Wednesday oversite of assigned area.
- Turn lights and Televisions on.
- Set up Rooms.
- Set out activity buckets, sign-in sheet, and tank buckets.
- Hang weekly memo and room leader signs.
- Prepare snacks and water pitchers.
- Make sure all rooms are stocked and in good repair.
- On Wednesday Nights make cookies.
- Meet new volunteers and assign them to a room for observing/training.
- Handle medical, behavioral, parental issues (NOTE: must keep your campus lead informed).
- Take attendance of all dream team, kids, and staff during each service.
- Maintain classroom rotations, schedules, and pass out birthday gifts.
- Start dishwasher, wash/fold laundry, put activity buckets away, take down room signs and sign-in sheets.
- Lock all classrooms.
- Maintain lost and found.
- Make sure rooms are clean and ready for Weekday Preschool.
- Maintain and develop relationships with parents in the hallway and assist those that have questions.
- Welcome and invite new families to the Connect Center.
- Help parents feel secure leaving their children in the Early Childhood area.
- Maintain positive relationships with volunteers by praying with them and following up if they are sick or having a personal problem; make them feel valued and appreciated.
- Maintain a close relationship with coaches and get together occasionally outside of service to encourage team building.
- Notify the church office, Early Childhood Venue Coordinator, and Campus Lead of all surgeries, special needs, births, deaths, etc.
- Keep your Leader informed of all behavioral, medical, or parental issues.
- Assist with Easter Egg Hunt, October 31st, Event Childcare for All Church Events, other events as assigned by your leader.
The job requires a moderate level of activity including but not limited to: moving to the floor and back up, actively participating in songs, games, activities, standing, and/or walking for extended period of time (often 6 -8 hours).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have the ability to lead well, be outgoing, friendly, and able to handle confrontation.
- Must feel called to the church and be willing to serve the church in any capacity including a different position or title as directed by leadership.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, civic organizations, business professionals and the general public.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in dealing with people.
- Complete FellowshipOne Go training.
James River Church Early Childhood Employee Childcare Policy:
- Early Childhood employees must have childcare arrangement made for all children aged 6 months through 6th
- Children cannot be with an Early Childhood employee during service times. Children must be with spouse or checked into assigned classroom.
- Sick kids are not allowed at any time.
- Manage regular responsibilities in order to have time reserved for departmental events.
- Expected to participate in the following activities:
- Required Meetings
- Easter Egg Hunt and Easter Sunday activities
- October 31st Party
- Weekday Preschool Open House and Christmas Program
- Early Childhood Deep Cleaning Evenings
- In the event of absences or vacations, responsibilities must be covered.
- Absentees are not to exceed four Sundays a year.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.