The Early Childhood Toddler Area Coordinator will work closely with the Early Childhood South Campus Coordinator by assuming the primary responsibility of the weekly management of their assigned area. They are responsible for building relationships with dream teamers through prayer, encouragement, and assistance as needed to ensure the physical and spiritual well-being of the children in our care. They will work closely with the Early Childhood team on special projects, must have a passion for team building, and support the vision of the church.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
Sunday and Wednesday oversite of an assigned area. Solely responsible for recruiting and ensuring that all Dream Team positions are filled as well as ensuring that all rooms are safely and adequately supervised. Oversee the atmosphere by making it a fun lifegiving service for all kids, Dream Teamer, and parents. Service Prep:
- Turn lights on, TVs on, set up activity buckets, sign-in sheets, tank buckets, hang weekly memos, hang room leader’s signs, prepare snacks, prepare water pitchers, make sure all rooms are stocked and in good repair.
- On Wednesday Nights make cookies.
- Lead preservice prayer time with your Dream Teamers.
- Ensure that all Dream Teamers are approved and trained before they serve.
- Meet new volunteers and assign them to a room for training.
- Handle medical, behavioral, parental issues (NOTE: must keep your campus lead informed).
- Take attendance of all dream team, kids, and staff during each service, maintain classroom rotations and schedules, pass out birthday gifts.
- Start dishwasher, wash/fold laundry, put activity buckets away, take down room signs/sign-in sheets, and lock all classrooms.
- Maintain lost and found.
- Make sure rooms are clean and ready for Weekday Preschool.
- Dream Team and kid attendance.
- Weekly Memos.
- Send out schedules and reminders.
- Write thank you cards to volunteers.
- Write 1st time guest postcards.
- Send out birthday cards.
- Follow up with boo-boo reports.
- Order needed supplies and snacks from the purchaser.
- Recruitment and cross-referencing.
- Follow-up with new families as requested by Early Childhood Campus Coordinator.
- Follow-up and reschedule Dream Teamers that missed their serve time.
- Restock, clean, and organize the area.
- Attend team meetings.
- Follow-up with volunteers.
- Keep schedules clean and up to date.
Dream Team Oversite:
- Maintain clean and accurate schedules.
- Schedule and communicate with prospects that have completed training once receiving their name from the Campus Coordinator.
- Connect with all newly assigned dream teamers in your area; make them feel welcome and ensure they know details for your area.
- Responsible to track and conduct a 3-month follow-up with new dream teamers; celebrating their service and making sure they are serving in their sweet spot.
- Maintain and develop relationships with parents in the hallway.
- Assist those that have questions.
- Welcome and invite new families to the Connect Center.
- Help parents feel secure leaving their children in the Early Childhood area.
- Maintain positive relationships with volunteers by praying with them, following up if they are sick or having a personal problem and making them feel valued and appreciated.
- Maintain a close relationship with coaches and get together occasionally outside of service to encourage team building.
- Visit dream teamers in the hospital as requested, bringing baby gifts as applicable.
- Notify all surgeries, special needs, births, deaths, etc. to the church office and Early Childhood Campus Coordinator.
- Keep your Leader informed of all behavioral, medical, or parental issues.
- Must have the ability to talk with parents or people you don’t know and eagerly invite them to serve on the team.
- Follow up with potential Dream Teamers by phone call/conversations and have systems in place to continually build the team.
James River Church Early Childhood Employee Childcare Policy:
- Early Childhood employees must have childcare arrangements made for all children ages 6 months through 6th
- Children cannot be with an Early Childhood employee during service times. Children must be with spouses or checked into the assigned classroom.
- Sick kids are not allowed at any time.
- Manage regular responsibilities to have time reserved for departmental events.
- Expected to participate in the following activities:
- Required Meetings
- Staff Chapel
- Workdays and Cleaning Days
- Easter Egg Hunt and Easter Sunday activities
- October 31st Party
- Weekday Preschool Open House and Christmas Program
- EC Deep Cleaning Evenings
- Assist with Event Childcare at “All Church Events”
- In the event of absences or vacations, responsibilities must be covered.
- Absentees are not to exceed four Sundays a year.
- A moderate level of activity includes but is not limited to moving to the floor and back up, actively participating in songs, games, and activities, standing/walking for an extended period (often 6 -8 hours).
- Must have the ability to lead well, be outgoing, friendly, and able to handle confrontation.
- Must feel called to the church and be willing to serve the church in any capacity including a different position or title as directed by leadership.
- Available to work Sundays 7:00 am to 2:30 pm, Tuesday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Wednesday 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm, Thursdays 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Flexibility for events, follow-up with Dream Team, home calls (4 ½ hours).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the public.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in dealing with people.
- Complete Fellowship One Go training.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.