Oversee and execute the week-to-week operations and ministry responsibilities related to the Elementary Department at the Joplin Campus. Work closely with the Elementary Campus Pastor to implement and execute ministry as it relates to logistics, set-up, small group supplies, large group supplies, and team recruitment. They will assist the campus pastor by providing leadership to Dream Team members.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
VOLUNTEERS (ELEMENTARY DREAM TEAM):
- Coordinators must show excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to communicate vision and inspiration to their team.
- The coordinator is responsible for team building within the context of ministry and creating opportunities as needed for Dream Team connecting and building relationships.
- Responsible to recruit and develop an effective team for executing ministry for all Sunday and Wednesday programs.
- Provide all necessary information to Elementary volunteers for Sunday and Wednesday services, weekly Game Plans, upcoming events, upcoming Series information, and any changes or information volunteers need to know.
- Prepare Volunteer Rosters for Sunday morning and Wednesday night.
- Develop a leadership team to assist with overseeing key ministry functions. These roles are formally known as Elementary Coaches and Service Assistants.
- Follow up with leaders that did not come on a Sunday and Wednesday.
- Send birthday cards and get-well cards to leaders (when applicable).
SUNDAY & WEDNESDAY MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The coordinator role’s primary responsibility involves managing Sunday and Wednesday services and Dream Team.
- Absences may not exceed 4 Sundays and Wednesdays per year.
- Set-up Elementary classrooms for service.
- Re-stock classroom supplies.
- Oversee Elementary LIFT, including:
- Prepare Game Plans for LIFT leaders.
- Email Game Plans to LIFT leaders and coaches.
- Set up LIFT buckets, snacks, and any items they need per the Game Plan for Sunday morning.
- Prepare the LIFT roster for the LIFT coach.
- Collect and record attendance for Sunday and Wednesday services.
- Collect Salvation cards.
- Record Salvation count on master excel spreadsheet.
- Turn in the report to the office for communicating Salvations to kids.
- Prepare pre-service games and activities for the Elementary area.
- Open Elementary areas and ensure all preparation is complete for each service.
- Conduct huddles with leaders during each service and provide the necessary information and pray with leaders for the service.
- Prepare to receive and interact with first-time guests (VIPs).
- Greeters in place to interact with VIPs.
- Greet parents and help them find rooms and check-in kids if necessary.
- Ensure VIPs gifts are ready for each service.
- Ensure VIPs systems are thoroughly followed up on (post card, information entered).
- Submit service counts in a timely manner.
- Count and submit offerings following the services.
- Ensure the area is clean and specific ministry items for that service have been removed including shutting down screens, sound systems.
- Ensure all Elementary policies and procedures are being always observed.
- Responsible for always keeping the Elementary area safe and secure.
- Ensure café is adequately stocked including money box, food items, signage (when applies)
- Oversee set-up of all café specialty items (when applies)
- Deposit Café money at the end of each service (when applies)
PARENT INTERACTION/ CHILD DISCIPLINE:
- Actively engage parents and families in the life of the church.
- Follow up with kids and families who may be in need.
- Follow up with all disciplinary actions involving kids.
- Responsible to cultivate a culture that carries out James River Church Core Value of creating an atmosphere of encouragement with families, kids, and leaders.
STAGE MINISTRY/ LARGE GROUP RESPONSIBILITIES:
While this role does not have specific responsibilities to the stage ministry aspects the Elementary Coordinator will do the following:
- Be familiar with the plan and flow of ministry taking place within the Large Group setting.
- Effectively communicate the vision of each series to the room leaders.
- Be able to encourage and model active participation by all leaders in worship, prayer, offering, and overall engagement.
- Provide and lead the team in providing effective discipline during the large group experience.
- Organize and lead teams when the large group plan calls for specific details and responses needed from small group leaders.
- Not required but prefer that the Elementary Coordinator could lead and teach from the stage; should a need arise.
- Elementary Coordinator will play an active role with October 31st Party, Easter Egg Hunt and Services, Christmas Services, Christmas family engagement, Kids Camp, Volunteer training events, Designed Sisterhood events requiring childcare, and additional all-church events as needed.
The job requires a moderate level of activity including but not limited to: moving to the floor and back up, actively participating in songs, games, and activities, standing/walking for an extended period of time (often 6 -8 hours).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have a heart for kids.
- Ability to effectively communicate with volunteers and parents.
- Must be a “team player” with those within the office and church.
- Must be detailed but also able to carry out the vision for the department, specifically in the Elementary area.
- Must be able to lead with enthusiasm and positivity.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led, and staff driven with board oversight. James River Church staff are expected and considered to share in the responsibility of practicing and propagating the Christian gospel message and upholding the doctrine of the Church (the employer), as stated on our website and in our Bylaws. As leaders and ministers of the gospel, staff therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.