Assist in executing the operations and ministry responsibilities related to South Elementary Sunday and Wednesday services, specifically in the 4.5 venue and Special Needs (JRKids Buddies) classroom.
Sundays 7:00am-1:00pm (6 hours), Wednesday 5:00pm-9:00pm (4 hours),
Staff Chapel/weekly staff meeting as you are able.
As weekday hours allow assist with room setup (2 hours flex)
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
VOLUNTEERS (ELEMENTARY AND EARLY CHILDHOOD DREAM TEAM)
- Elementary Service Assistant must show excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate vision / inspiration to their team
- Elementary Service Assistant supports team building within the context of Elementary Dream Team and creates opportunities as needed for Dream Team connecting and building relationships
- Follow up with leaders that did not come on a Sunday and Wednesday
- Send birthday cards and get-well cards to leaders (if and when applicable)
SUNDAY and WEDNESDAY MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Service Assistant role’s primary responsibility involves helping the Elementary 4.5 Coordinator and JRKids Elementary Campus Lead in managing Sunday and Wednesday services and Dream Team
- Absences may not exceed 4 Sundays and Wednesdays per year
- Assist with set-up of Elementary classrooms for service
- Re-stock classroom supplies
- Collect Salvation cards
- Assist with ensuring all venue preparation is complete for each service
- Conduct huddle, per direction of 4.5 Coordinator, with leaders during each service and provide necessary information and pray with leaders for the service
- Prepare to receive and interact with first-time guests (VIPs)
- Greet parents and help them find rooms and check-in kids if necessary
- Ensure all VIP systems are thoroughly followed up on (post card, information entered)
- Ensure area is clean and specific ministry items for that service have been removed including shutting down screens, sound systems
- Ensure all Elementary and Special Needs policies and procedures are being observed at all times
SPECIAL NEEDS ROOM
- Assist with set-up of classroom and gathering supplies for Sunday and Wednesday services as time allows.
- Be able to step-in and lead in the JRKids Buddies room, including giving instruction to Dream Team
- Ensure correct systems and procedures are being used in the JRKids Buddies Room
PARENT INTERACTION / CHILD DISCIPLINE
- Actively engage parents and families in the life of the church
- Follow up with kids and families who may be in need
- Follow up with all disciplinary actions involving kids
- Responsible to cultivate a culture that carries out JRC Core Value of creating an atmosphere of encouragement with families, kids, leaders
JRC ELEMENTARY CHILDCARE POLICY
- Elementary employees must have childcare arrangement made for all children age 6 months through 6th
- Children cannot be with an EC or Elementary employee during service times. Children must be with spouse or checked into assigned classroom.
- Sick kids are not allowed at any time.
STAGE MINISTRY / LARGE GROUP RESPONSIBILITIES
While this role does not have specific responsibilities to the stage ministry aspects the JRKids Service Assistant will do the following:
- Be familiar with the plan and flow of ministry taking place within the Large Group setting
- Effectively communicate the vision of each series to the room leaders.
- Be able to encourage and model active participation by all leaders in worship, prayer, offering, and overall engagement
- Provide and lead team in providing effective discipline during the large group experience
- Organize and lead teams when the large group plan calls for specific details and responses needed from small group leaders
JRKids Service Assistant will play an active role in October 31st Party, Easter Egg Hunt and Services, Christmas Services, Christmas family engagement, Kids Camp, Volunteer training events, Designed Sisterhood events requiring childcare, and additional all-church events as needed.
- Job requires a moderate level of activity including but not limited to: moving to the floor and back up, actively participating in songs, games, and activities, standing/walking for extended period of time (often 6 -8 hours)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have a heart for kids
- Ability to effectively communicate with volunteers and parents
- Must be a “team player” with those within the office and church as a whole
- Must be detailed but also able to carry out the vision for the department
- Must be able to lead with enthusiasm and positivity.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led, and staff driven with board oversight. James River Church staff are expected and considered to share in the responsibility of practicing and propagating the Christian gospel message and upholding the doctrine of the Church (the employer), as stated on our website and in our Bylaws. As leaders and ministers of the gospel, staff therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.