The Elementary Video Editor is positioned to work closely with the Elementary Creative Director to film and edit all multi-media video projects for James River Kids. This person will be involved in filming and editing various audio, video, graphic, and motion graphic elements.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Editing Weekly Videos – Filming and editing videos from start to finish will be a huge part of this job. This includes a Weekend service, Midweek service, and 1-2 additional Youtube videos per week.
- Managing Equipment, Files, Etc. – We use a lot of filming, lighting, audio, and computer equipment each week as we prepare for services. One job of the Elementary Video Editor will be to assist the Creative Director with all video shoots and organize, keep track of and maintain all equipment. After each shoot it’s a priority to make sure equipment is back in its proper space so it doesn’t get misplaced, damaged, or stolen. Also, audio, video, and graphic files easily rack up when dealing with multiple elements and services. The Elementary Video Editor will be responsible for ensuring all files are organized, backed up, and accessible.
Ministry Related Meetings and Workdays:
- Responsible to attend all scheduled staff meetings and workdays
- Scheduled Family Night meetings
- Scheduled Event Workdays
- Event staff planning meetings/vision days
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Working knowledge in most of these areas will be helpful in performing the duties listed for this Job Description. An ability to quickly learn new software, procedures and practices helps as well.
- Adobe Premiere Pro – Most videos are edited in Premiere Pro so a working knowledge of video editing in Premiere Pro is vital.
- Adobe After Effects – Motion graphics are done in After Effects. James River Kids uses a lot of Motion Graphics, for Lyrics Videos, Announcement Videos, and Curriculum Elements.
- Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop – Though most graphic design will be done by another person, knowing how to work with the Photoshop and Illustrator files they create is helpful, especially when preparing them for integration into motion graphics in After Effects.
- Adobe Audition – Often there is a need to clean up or alter audio for the video elements. An understanding of Adobe Audition helps with this.
- ProPresenter – Our primary presentation software in all our venues is ProPresenter. Knowing how to set up schedules, playlists, slides, transitions, and props in ProPresenter is vital for oversight of the Sunday/Wednesday Setup.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.