Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Have a red carpet attitude and a servant’s heart
- Be flexible in every aspect of the job
- Report to work on time and when scheduled
- Abide by no cell phone usage while on duty
- Ability to lift, push or pull 25 pounds
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel, and reach
- Ability to walk independently up and down a normal flight of 13-15 stairs
- Interact with all adults, kids and staff, keeping control of your class at all times
- Greet parents and children at door; learn their names and use them often
- Friend visits are not acceptable
- No food or drinks in the Playlands, except bottled water
- Be aware of emergency evacuation routes & procedures
- Staff must be clocked in and in place by scheduled time, but not clocked in more than five minutes early unless requested to do so by Coordinator
- JRC Policy on tardiness is: 1st Offense is verbal warning, 2nd Offense is written warning, 3rd Offense is termination
- No call/No show is grounds for immediate termination
- Function as room leader or assistant leader as directed
- Make sure room is clean, stocked and in order
- Always leave the room better than you found it
- Oversee classroom (keep class on schedule, make sure diapers are changed, kids go to bathroom, etc.)
- Implement schedule/curriculum in your classroom
- Assist parents dropping off or picking up child
- Comply with all James River Kids’ Policies and Procedures
- Two workers must be present in room, at all times, during regular childcare and events
- Injuries must be immediately reported to Coach or Coordinator
- You are Security!
- Make sure each child has a computer-generated name tag and parents fill out the sign-in sheet upon arrival to your class. List any allergies clearly
- At pick-up, verify the number on parent claim tag and child’s sticker match
- Please contact Coordinator/Coach if there are any questions/issues
- Use the sign in sheet in the room for attendance. Add any additional notes on the whiteboard on the wall. Add and subtract kids as they come and go. Sign-in sheets must always be with you if your class travels
- Must love working with children.
- Must be gentle, patient, and kind.
- Must be 16 years or older.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A James River staff badge must be worn at all times
- Clothing must be modest, clean and appropriate for childcare. Pants worn below the knee are required
- Contact the Coordinator as soon as possible if you are sick and unable to work
- Time off should be requested two weeks’ in advance of absence.
**If absenteeism is affecting your ministry team, a meeting will be scheduled with the Event Childcare Coordinator and the Early Childhood Director.**
Code of Conduct & Character
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.