To work closely with the Event Childcare Coordinator in executing the schedule and curriculum of the classroom. Maintain control and have full responsibility for the classroom. Greet and communicate with parents in relation to their child.
This is a part-time position and this position is not a part of the James River Weekday Preschool.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Function as Room leader or Assistant leader as directed.
- Make sure the room is clean, stocked, and in order.
- Always leave the room better than you found it.
- Oversee the classroom (keep class on the schedule, make sure diapers are changed, that kids go to the bathroom, etc.).
- Implement the schedule/curriculum in your classroom.
- Assist parents with dropping off or picking up children.
- Comply with all James River Kids’ Policies and Procedures.
- Two workers must be present in a room, at all times, including during regular childcare and events.
- Injuries must be immediately reported to the Coach or Coordinator.
- You are Security!!
- Make sure each child has a computer-generated name tag and that parents fill out the sign-in sheet upon arrival to your class. List any allergies clearly.
- At pick-up, verify that the number on the parent claim tag and the child’s sticker match.
- Please contact the Coordinator/Coach if there are any questions or issues.
- Use the sign-in sheet in the room for attendance. Add any additional notes on the whiteboard on the wall. Add and subtract kids as they come and go. Sign-in sheets must always be with you if your class travels.
- A James River staff badge must be worn at all times.
- Clothing must be modest, clean, and appropriate for childcare. Pants worn below the knee are required.
- Contact the Coordinator as soon as possible if you are sick and unable to work.
- Time off should be requested two weeks in advance of the absence.
- If absenteeism is affecting your ministry team, a meeting will be scheduled with the Event Childcare Coordinator and the Early Childhood Director.
- Must love working with children.
- Must be gentle, patient, and kind.
- Must be 16 years or older.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Have a red-carpet attitude and a servant’s heart.
- Be flexible in every aspect of the job.
- Report to work on time and when scheduled.
- Abide by no cell phone usage while on duty.
- Ability to lift, push, or pull 25 pounds.
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel, and reach.
- Ability to walk independently up and down a normal flight of 13-15 stairs.
- Interact with all adults, kids, and staff as well as keep control of your class at all times.
- Greet parents and children at the door; learn their names and use them often.
- Friend visits are not acceptable.
- No food or drinks in the Playlands, except bottled water.
- Be aware of emergency evacuation routes and procedures.
- Staff must be clocked in and in place by the scheduled time, but not clocked in more than five minutes early unless requested to do so by the Coordinator.
- James River Church Policy on tardiness is: 1st Offense is a verbal warning, 2nd Offense is a written warning, 3rd Offense is a termination.
- No call/No show is grounds for immediate termination.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.