The Executive Assistant to the Executive Ministry Pastors will serve as a member of the Lead Pastor’s administrative staff and assist in various duties as assigned by the Executive Ministry Pastors. The Executive Administrative Assistant will assist with the logistical, communication, and planning needs of the Executive Ministry Pastors and assist in accomplishing the priorities of the Lead Pastor’s office.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist in the management of logistics for guest speakers including travel, hosting, resource sales, meals, and service preparation.
- Assist in the coordination of meals hosted by the Lead Pastor’s Office (Executive Team, Preaching Team, Leadership and Spouses lunch, Sundays, guest speakers, special events, etc.).
- Assist the Executive Ministry Pastors with office communication (email, phone calls, etc.)
- Preparation of handouts and PowerPoint presentations for Staff Chapel, Leadership Board Retreat and Lead Pastor’s speaking engagements.
- Serve as an editor at the direction of the Executive Ministry Pastors.
- All general office duties (correspondence, phone calling, computer tasks, scheduling appointments, mail, email, ordering of supplies, maintaining a filing system, etc.).
- Compose letters when requested and ensure all correspondence is mailed in a timely manner.
- Assist the Executive Ministry Pastors in the management of their calendars (including the scheduling of appointments, the updating of his Outlook calendar, etc.)
- Assist the Executive Ministry Pastors in the management of physical and electronic files (including email management, contact management, in office filing, and the filing of documents electronically).
- Assist the Executive Ministry Pastors in the management of all travel accommodations.
- Be the liaison between the Executive Ministry Pastors and all departments in their downline.
- Coordinate and distribute the weekly Executive Report.
- Ensure receipts and expenses are submitted each month for the office of the Executive Ministry Pastors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Two (2) years of secretarial and general clerical experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques and office equipment, as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Prefer the applicant have experience using the following programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting critical deadlines.
- Decision making and problem-solving abilities.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, ability to multi-task and handle frequent interruptions.
- Ability to perform secretarial and clerical duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, civic organizations, business professionals and the general public.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. James River Church staff are expected and considered to share in the responsibility of practicing and propagating the Christian gospel message and upholding the doctrine of the Church (the employer), as stated on our website and in our Bylaws. As leaders and ministers of the gospel, staff therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.