Serve as Administrator and Coordinator of the all-church calendar in eSpace. Serving as the liaison between the church department requesting the event and the church departments supporting the event in eSpace.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Answer and screen incoming calls and emails.
- General clerical duties including photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Assist in ordering office supplies.
- Create, organize, and maintain records of event pictures and setup descriptions (electronic and physical when necessary).
- Assist Atmosphere and Hosting department with confirming highlighted events to be in Service Pocket Calendars.
- Manage all eSpace requests and reservations, including the direction of efficient space use, under the direction of the Director of Facilities.
- Gather detailed information from departments of building/event support needed by Facilities, including participation in walk-throughs.
- Coordinate communication between all departments and Facilities for events and building support scheduled in eSpace accurately and efficiently.
- Train new users of eSpace to use the program effectively to schedule their departmental events.
- Training and oversight of the Work Order Management Module in eSpace for the Facilities Team.
- Attend meetings with departments for best submission and updates of all events.
- Assist in obtaining multiple event details for all James River Church events.
- Mandatory event attendance.
- High school diploma.
- Two (2) years of administrative experience.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Called to support ministry.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge and intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite and general computer skills.
- Awareness of Church ministries social media.
- Well-developed people skills to serve as an effective liaison between departments.
- Able to build relationships and help resolve conflict quickly and according to the Bible.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting critical deadlines fast and accurately.
- Exhibit professionalism and maintain confidentiality always.
- Flexibility with working in a culture of improvement.
- Patience with the research and development of creating and updating events for accuracy.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.