The Facilities Coordinator will assist the Facilities Department by providing administrative duties connected with all aspects of Facilities.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Answer and screen incoming calls for the Facilities cell phone and assist in managing emails for the Facilities inbox.
- Maintain radio and phone dispatch and communication for the Facilities Team.
- General clerical duties including photocopying, faxing, and mailing.
- Maintain digital and hard copy file systems.
- Create and revise systems and documents, as necessary.
- Generate work schedule for a minimum 3-week period for Facilities team members.
- Responsible for HVAC scheduling and adjustments.
- Assist in developing and maintaining checklists and generate weekly reports for the South Campus Facilities team.
- Maintain and manage the contact list of suppliers and contractors.
- Help manage the Logistic Coordinator schedule.
- Record keep and manage loaning of tools, equipment, and/or vehicles to church department personnel.
- Verify individuals are approved drivers with HR prior to scheduling the use of a church vehicle.
- Help manage Work Ticket and Work Order systems.
- Train and oversight of the Work Order Management Module in eSpace for the Facilities Team.
- Assist in developing work plans to accomplish the objectives and goals for the South Campus maintenance, building support, and custodial team.
- Assist with coordinating the daily and special event set-ups and resetting of the building following eSpace directive.
- Provide support as timeline dispatch at South Campus during events.
- Assist in creating a timeline for events at the South Campus.
- As requested, maintain bid requests, and keep current logs and status of projects.
- Serve as Purchasing Agent for materials and supplies as directed by Facilities Managers.
- Responsible for Loading Dock organization which includes, but is not limited to; shipping, receiving, and organization of spaces. This includes staff contact for incoming items and keeping the dock clear for incoming shipments.
- Ordering keys, maintaining a key log and distributing keys to approved personnel via key requisition.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
- Mandatory event attendance.
High school diploma
Two (2) years of administrative experience
Any equivalent combination of training and experience
Called to support ministry
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment; as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Ability to understand and control HVAC system.
Ability to manage physical duties of the job including lifting 40lbs, bending, pushing, sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, twisting, and reaching.
Ability to get along well with others and handle confidential matters.
Ability to manage time and multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
Ability to communicate effectively and professionally orally and in writing.
Computer skills including Microsoft Suite, Adobe and other software are a must.
Must be punctual, pleasant, and tactful with professional appearance and conduct.
Exhibit professionalism and always maintain confidentiality.
Capacity to interact positively with and provide service to others at all levels within JRC.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the public.
Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting critical deadlines.
Must have strong analytical skills.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.