The Grounds Maintenance is a full-time position (40 hours a week) that supports the James River Campground (in Huggins, MO) operations by maintaining landscaping, mowing, weed eating, restocking supplies, maintaining swimming pool, up keeping trails, and assisting Camp Manager.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Maintain landscaping by weeding flower beds, trimming bushes as well as watering flowers, shrubs, and trees.
- Maintain grounds by mowing, weed eating, tree trimming, etc.
- Maintain equipment by regularly cleaning and checking fluids.
- Upkeep trails by bush hogging and clearing downed trees.
- Complete all required checklists.
- Regularly monitor supplies in all buildings and restock when necessary.
- Perform daily maintenance of the swimming pool.
- Maintain camp vehicles by washing and detailing.
- Monitor and dispose of trash when necessary.
- Has good self-motivation.
- Enjoys working outside.
- Knowledge of landscaping and ground maintenance tools.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to get along well with others and handle confidential matters.
- Ability to communicate effectively, professionally, orally, and in writing.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, and the public.
- Possess effective human relations and communication skills to work proactively with staff and the community.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to read and correctly interpret SDS (Safety Data Sheets).
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.