The James River College Admission Counselor will be on the front lines of James River College admitting students. They, along with the James River College Recruitment Coordinator, will be responsible for following up with potential students, applying students, and accepted students. They will be expected to know the proper terminology for promoting James River College and communicate it positively and accurately.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Tell about their personal James River College experience.
- Keep a record of contact with students in Salesforce.
- Send out mailings and brochures to interested students and applicants.
- Manage email campaigns.
- Call and email parents and counselors of applicants.
- Lead a call team.
- Connect with other colleges to build relationships and learn from them.
- Keep track of data to compare with previous years.
- Research student trends, and actively work to improve communication with students.
- Help students work through registration.
- Facilitate the relationship between Evangel Admissions and James River College Admissions.
- Help students understand the award letter, and steps to take to pay for college.
- Accurately explain scholarships and connect students with the right institutional scholarships.
- Each admissions team member will be expected to arrive to work on time and ready to be productive.
- In the case of an emergency, admissions team members will be expected to communicate with the Enrollment Coordinator as soon as possible.
- Each admissions team member will be expected to maintain a good attitude while at work.
- Admissions team members are expected to dress office casual.
- Advanced knowledge of the James River College department and James River Church.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability and strong desire to communicate and assist college students.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, telephone techniques, and office equipment, as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to perform secretarial and clerical duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the public.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led, and staff driven with board oversight. James River Church staff are expected and considered to share in the responsibility of practicing and propagating the Christian gospel message and upholding the doctrine of the Church (the employer), as stated on our website and in our Bylaws. As leaders and ministers of the gospel, staff therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.