The James River College Events & Dream Team Coordinator provides oversite to James River College events and Dream Team. The position will play an active role in the successful execution of James River College event planning, student involvement in JRC church-wide events, and day-to-day operations. This position also oversees the James River College YouTube channel by creating/filming content and uploading new video content weekly.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
James River College Culture & Student Development
- Coordinate James River College and Church Calendar
- Assist with the Coordination and Execution of Fine Arts Festival and General Council.
- Assist in overseeing JAMES RIVER COLLEGE student rostering for James River College events and Churchwide events.
- Communicate to the JAMES RIVER COLLEGE students for day-to-day functions.
- Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings as directed.
- Oversee JAMES RIVER COLLEGE YouTube and content.
- Event Planning for current and future JAMES RIVER COLLEGE Students
- Such as, but not limited to, Student Orientation, College Days, Graduation, and other college events.
Dream Team Coordinator Role:
Dream Team Week 4
- Meets/Connects with all potential Dream Team “PROSPECTS” during week 4 breakout.
- Makes sure all important notes from interview are noted on back of the “Dream Team Application”
- Send a thank you card to everyone they connected with week 4 of Grow Track
- Is there to meet and greet all “PROSPECTS’ on their first serve date
- Responsible for ensuring each “PROSPECT” is fully trained before they serve by themselves
- Is responsible for making sure all who serve during service have been “checked-in”
- Is fully trained in f1 and PCO and committed to keeping the database CLEAN
Will attend training in “Blackbaud University” as migrate to Blackbaud
Connects with all new “PROSPECTS” with-in 7 days of receiving list from Next Steps Team, this includes Team that are “OTHER MINISTRY OPPORTUNITIES” and “REGULARLY SCHEDULE SERVE TEAM”
Responsible for moving “PROSPECTS” along the process in F1
PROSPECT – TRIAL/TRAINING – DREAM TEAM MEMBER OR – RETURN TO NEXT STEPS
Responsible for keeping PCO clean and updated and moving people from “PROSPECT/TRAINING” to a – “REGULAR ASSIGNMENT”
Make sure all volunteers that serve in any capacity in your Department are profiled in F1
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Two (2) years of secretarial and general clerical experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of the JAMES RIVER COLLEGE department, and James River Church.
- Ability and strong desire to communicate and assist college students.
- Experienced in scheduling, organization, and time management.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, telephone techniques, and office equipment, as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to perform secretarial and clerical duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the general public.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.