The Recruitment coordinator is a James River College staff member who will identify and recruit potential students for the college. His/her primary role will be assisting in the growth of the college by traveling and recruiting new students, following up with potential JR College recruits, and helping them along the admissions process to complete their application and arrive as a full time student at James River College.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist in organizing and cooperating with the marketing team for enrollment and admissions
- Assist in organizing promotional trips for each academic year
- Travel and promote the college at youth conventions, promo events, and outreaches with college promotional teams
- Follow up with all high school junior and senior contacts, as well as other eligible students acquired through trips, website, and other venues, until the student either arrives on campus or withdraws his/her application
- Attend all JR College staff meetings, student events and chapels
- Assist as needed with leadership in chapel
- Fulfill other reasonable related duties as assigned or required by the Director
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience leading & managing a team
- Experience in recruitment a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Passion for reaching & influencing soon-to-be, college-age students
- An active Christian faith, disciplined life & loyalty to James River Church and the Assemblies of God denomination
- A servant spirit, characterized by courtesy, cooperation, and consistency
- Ability to work independently and make decisions appropriate to the position
- Fully embrace the mission and core values of James River Church and James River College
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as other office automation systems and the internet
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.