The Joplin Campus Café Lead will act as the leader of the team to ensure the café operates under the same guidelines and efficiency as the other James River Church Cafés. This person will work closely with the Café Manager and help to implement any procedures directed by the Café Manager.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for overseeing Café operation, including preparation and sales of products, customer relations, and activities involving catering opportunities.
- Assists with the recruitment, day-to-day training, and leading of all dream teamers and staff that work in the Café.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and maintenance of operational procedures and training manuals. This includes knowledge and adherence to recipe guidelines.
- Will complete a restock inventory every shift to ensure that the café stays well stocked and prepared for the next service or usage.
- Will follow and ensure that all cleaning lists and projects are completed on time.
- Responsible for handling monetary transactions, operating the espresso/brewing machines, baking, and preparing products, cleaning, and maintaining a safe environment.
- Will report to the Café Manager any maintenance issues, monetary discrepancies, staffing problems, and praise reports.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Called to support ministry.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of daily café operations.
- Ability to communicate in an effective and professional manner.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, and the public.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led, and staff driven with board oversight. James River Church staff are expected and considered to share in the responsibility of practicing and propagating the Christian gospel message and upholding the doctrine of the Church (the employer), as stated on our website and in our Bylaws. As leaders and ministers of the gospel, staff therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.