Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Developing and executing Checklists and Logs.
- Review, organize, and prioritize work tickets.
- Create and follow work plans necessary to accomplish the objectives and goals as agreed upon by the Facilities Director.
- Create work schedules.
- Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated task.
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Measure, monitor, analyze processes, and implement actions necessary to meet goals and drive continual improvement.
- Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with the Church’s plans and vision and communicate effectively to the subordinates.
Buildings & Grounds:
- Ability to work outside for an extended amount of time in all seasons for landscaping, flower care, and snow removal.
- Oversees landscaping and irrigation.
- Responsible for snow removal: Scheduling and Coordinating with the Facilities team and outside vendors.
- Manage onsite warehouse inventory according to campus location.
- Keep work areas organized and clean.
Equipment & Supplies:
- Continually keep custodial and maintenance equipment organized, clean, maintained, and repaired.
- Manage routine maintenance and custodial aspects of buildings, grounds, church owned vehicles, related equipment, systems, and supplies.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining supplies for the Maintenance and Custodial Team.
- Responsible for training and safety required for all aerial, scissor lift, and forklifts. Must maintain records of all activities related to lifting equipment.
- Responsible for HVAC scheduling, monitoring and adjustments.
- Responsible for organization and cleanliness of maintenance tools, supplies, and work areas.
Events & Vendors:
- Oversees and manages members of the custodial and maintenance teams related to ongoing and special events.
- Special Events are to be noted as all hands-on deck.
- Liaison between James River Church and day to day contractors.
- Have a working knowledge of the Church Calendar and work closely with the Calendar Coordinator.
- Generate weekly reports.
- Responsible for developing and sustaining records and logs of all work performed by the Maintenance Team.
- Responsible to ensure all inspections, certifications, and records required by State and Local Governments, are performed, maintained, displayed, and kept up to date.
- Three (3) years in a supervisory role of at least three (3) people.
- Working knowledge of HVAC, Control Units, Plumbing, Electrical, General Construction, Blueprints, and Irrigation Systems.
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to at least three (3) years’ experience in building maintenance, construction, automotive repair, and supervision experience.
- Be available to be on call for any Sunday breakdowns that would create an emergency.
- Availability to work 6 am to 9 pm 7 days a week.
- Availability to work extra hours as needed for special and/or large events held or hosted by James River Church.
- Ability to lift 80 lbs.
- Experience with Project Management and budget management.
- Experience with heavy machinery, including but not limited to forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate and supervise the work of others.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail.
- Possess effective human relations and communications skills to work proactively with staff and the community.
- Able to make independent decisions, issue clear and concise oral and written instructions, and the follow same as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned and required.
- Ability to read and correctly interpret SDS (Safety Data Sheets).
- PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, and Teams).
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, and the public.
- Ability to successfully lead a team to accomplish various tasks.
- Be able to manage multiple projects at once with no decline in quality control.
- Meeting prep includes creating agenda, leading meetings, managing tasks, and information acquired in meetings.
- Flexibility with working in a culture of improvement.
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills.
Code of Conduct & Character
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.