Assist in executing the operations and ministry responsibilities related to James River Church Joplin Campus Elementary or Early Childhood Sunday and Wednesday services. Schedule:
- Sundays 7:00 am-1:00 pm (6 hours)
- Wednesday 5:30 pm-9:00 pm (3 ½ hours)
- As weekday hours allow assistance with room setup (2 ½ hours flex)
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
VOLUNTEERS (ELEMENTARY AND EARLY CHILDHOOD DREAM TEAM):
- JRKids Service Assistant must show excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate vision and inspiration to their team.
- JRKids Service Assistant supports team building within the Elementary and Early Childhood Dream Teams by creating opportunities as needed by connecting and building relationships with the Dream Teamers.
- Follow up with leaders that did not come on a Sunday and Wednesday.
- Send birthday cards and get-well cards to leaders (when applicable).
SUNDAY & WEDNESDAY MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Service Assistant role’s primary responsibility involves helping the Elementary or Early Childhood Venue Coordinator and JRKids Campus Lead in managing Sunday and Wednesday services and Dream Team.
- Absences may not exceed 4 Sundays and Wednesdays per year.
- Assist with set-up of Elementary classrooms for service.
- Re-stock classroom supplies.
- Collect Salvation cards.
- Record Salvation count on master excel spreadsheet.
- Turn in a report to the office for communicating Salvations to kids.
- Ensure all venue preparation is complete for each service.
- Conduct a huddle per the direction of the Venue Coordinator with leaders during each service, provide the necessary information, and pray with leaders for the service.
- Prepare to receive and interact with first-time guests (VIPs):
- Greet parents, help them find rooms, and check-in kids if necessary.
- Ensure all VIP systems are thoroughly followed up on (postcard, information entered).
- Ensure the area is clean and specific ministry items for that service have been removed including shutting down screens and sound systems.
- Ensure all Elementary and Early Childhood policies and procedures are being always observed.
PARENT INTERACTION/ CHILD DISCIPLINE:
- Actively engage parents and families in the life of the church.
- Follow up with kids and families who may be in need.
- Follow up with all disciplinary actions involving kids.
- Responsible to cultivate a culture that carries out James River Church Core Value of creating an atmosphere of encouragement with families, kids, and leaders.
EARLY CHILDHOOD AND ELEMENTARY CHILDCARE POLICY:
- Early Childhood and Elementary employees must have childcare arrangements made for all children aged 6 months through 6th
- Children cannot be with an Early Childhood or Elementary employee during service times. Children must be with spouses or checked into the assigned classroom.
- Sick kids are not allowed at any time.
STAGE MINISTRY/ LARGE GROUP RESPONSIBILITIES:
While this role does not have specific responsibilities to the stage ministry aspects, the JRKids Service Assistant will do the following:
- Be familiar with the plan and flow of ministry taking place within the Large Group setting.
- Effectively communicate the vision of each series to the room leaders.
- Be able to encourage and model active participation by all leaders in worship, prayer, offering, and overall engagement.
- Provide and lead the team in providing effective discipline during the large group experience.
- Organize and lead teams when the large group plan calls for specific details and responses needed from small group leaders.
- Not required but prefer that the JRKids Service Assistant could lead and teach from the stage should a need arise.
- JRKids Service Assistant will play an active role with October 31st Party, Easter Egg Hunt and Services, Christmas Services, Christmas family engagement, Kids Camp, Volunteer training events, Designed Sisterhood events requiring childcare, and additional all-church events as needed.
- The job requires a moderate level of activity including but not limited to moving to the floor and back up, actively participating in songs, games, and activities, standing/walking for an extended period (often 6 -8 hours).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have a heart for kids.
- Ability to effectively communicate with volunteers and parents.
- Must be a “team player” with those within the office and church.
- Must be detailed but also able to carry out the vision for the department.
- Must be able to lead with enthusiasm and positivity.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.