To provide support for the JRKids EC team in coordinating and creating curriculum used in Zooper church large group service times, classroom materials, and creative elements. Overseeing the South Campus Zooper church program and rostering team to serve in Zooper Church during service times.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
Assist with the Creation and Coordination of Preschool Curriculum:
- Working alongside the Early Childhood team to create weekly curriculum for Preschool large group and classrooms.
- Assisting with the writing of curriculum
- Coordinating distribution of curriculum to all campuses
- Coordinating and assisting with printing, laminating, cutting, and packaging curriculum to be used for Sunday and Wednesday services
- Planning out the scope and sequence for EC curriculum
- Aligning Early Childhood curriculum with vision of JRKids,
- Coordinating with elementary curriculum team to match up series as able
- Help with the creation of music and videos for Zooper Church venues
- Create illustrations that bring the Bible to life for preschool kids.
- Occasionally may be asked to visit other campuses
Oversee the South Campus Zooper Church Program:
- Ensure all set-up for Zooper Church including props, back-stage prep, and audio/video, and media set-up is complete in a timely manner
- Responsible to roster stage and tech teams
- Communicate all details to hosting teams for Sunday morning and Wednesday night in a timely manner
- Gather all necessary supplies needed as indicated in all Sunday/Wednesday Zooper Scripts.
- Responsible to Maintain Zooper Church including tech equipment and overall order of chapel/stages/backstage/storage relating to Sunday and Wednesday ministry
- Prior to services beginning, meet with Sunday morning and Wednesday night teams, and provide ongoing leadership/feedback to these teams
- Recruit, Train, and Place new volunteer leaders in large group hosting positions
- Teach and lead on stage per direction of JRKids Director
Ministry Related Meetings and Workdays:
- Responsible to attend all scheduled staff meetings and workdays
- Scheduled Family Night meetings
- Scheduled Event Workdays
- Including but not limited to the October 31st Party, Easter Egg Hunt and services, Christmas Services, Kids Camp Check-in and Return, and any additional all-church events as required by supervisor.
- Event staff planning meetings/vision days
The job requires a moderate level of activity with the need to work fast pace doing tasks including but not limited to: ability to lift and carry props weighing up to 25 pounds and standing and walking for longer periods of time. Attention to detail and follow-through are critical.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have a heart for kids and the church
- Must be a “team player” with those within the office and church.
- Must be detailed but also able to carry out the vision for the department, specifically in the JRKids area.
- Must be able to lead with enthusiasm and positivity.
- Must take initiative and be able to follow-through on tasks assigned
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. James River Church staff are expected and considered to share in the responsibility of practicing and propagating the Christian gospel message and upholding the doctrine of the Church (the employer), as stated on our website and in our Bylaws. As leaders and ministers of the gospel, staff therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.