To care for children during Preservice and Wednesday service times and events as a Room Leader and have full responsibility over a classroom.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
General Policy and Procedures:
- Red carpet attitude – remember you are here to serve others.
- Be flexible in every aspect of the job.
- Interact with all adults, kids, and staff, always keeping control of your class.
- Greet parents and children at door; learn their names and use them often.
- No cell phone or other media usage allowed.
- Friend visits are not acceptable.
- No food or drinks in the Playlands except bottled water.
- No food in classrooms other than what is posted or provided
- Always leave a room better than you found it.
- Be aware of emergency evacuation routes and procedures.
- Must regularly attend James River Church or a Bible preaching church
Comply with all James River Kids’ Policies & Procedures:
- You are Security!
- Make sure each child has a computer-generated name sticker and parents fill out the SIGN- IN sheets with cell phone # upon arrival to your class. List any allergies clearly.
- A “CLAIM” receipt sticker number must be presented by parent/guardian before releasing child. Make sure that the “CLAIM” receipt number matches the number on the child’s sticker. Please contact Coordinator/Coach if there are any questions/issues.
- Use the sign in sheet in the room for attendance. Add any additional notes on the whiteboard on the wall. Add and subtract kids as they come and go. Sign in Sheets must always be with you if your class travels.
- Two workers must be always present in a room during regular preservice childcare times.
- Injuries must be immediately reported to Coach or Coordinator.
- A James River staff badge must be always worn.
- The childcare uniform consists of a James River Kids t-shirt and Lanyard. One of each will be provided upon employment and must be worn to work. An apron is available if uniform shirt is not worn.
- Clothing must be modest, clean, and appropriate for childcare. Pants worn below the knee are required.
Regular Scheduled Position Events: (Your regular work assignments will be easily accessible through the When I Work app. You’re encouraged to take on extra shifts, as long as they don’t overlap with your main role)
- Sunday Preservice Child Care 7:00am/7:30a-9:00am
- Wednesday Night Service Child Care 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Designed Sisterhood Nights
- Designed for Life Conference 2
- New People Party
- Life Group Leader’s Connect
- Staff Chapel Childcare
- Additional event work opportunities may be posted as scheduled.
- No call/No show is grounds for immediate termination.
- James River Church Policy on tardiness is as follows: 1st Offense is verbal warning, 2nd Offense is written warning, 3rd Offense is termination.
- In the event of absenteeism, service responsibilities must be covered by another Service Care & Events worker.
- Contact the Coordinator as soon as possible if you are sick and unable to work.
- When requesting time off with a two-week advance notice, please be aware that your request will need approval, and the coordinator will arrange for shift coverage during your absence.
- If absenteeism is affecting your ministry team, a meeting will be scheduled with the JRKids Coordinator and the JRKids Ministry Director.
- Absences may not exceed 4 Sundays and 4 Wednesdays a year.
- Previous experience working or volunteering with children is required.
- Employee must be 16 years or older for this position
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Report to work on time and when scheduled.
- Abide by no cell phone usage while on duty.
- Ability to lift and push/pull 25 pounds.
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel, and reach.
- Ability to walk independently up and down a normal flight of 13-15 stairs.
- Staff must be clocked in and in place by scheduled time, but not clocked in more than five minutes early unless requested to do so by Coordinator.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. James River Church staff are expected and considered to share in the responsibility of practicing and propagating the Christian gospel message and upholding the doctrine of the Church (the employer), as stated on our website and in our Bylaws. As leaders and ministers of the gospel, staff therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.