Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist with office oversight as it pertains to answering phone calls, intercepting, and hosting walk-ins and email responses.
- Keeping records of all VIP and Altar numbers and follow up.
- Assist with office meeting preparedness.
- Keep records of Dream Team and Senior High Life Group weekly attendance.
- Collect campuses numbers and submit a weekly report on Dream Team and Life Group attendance.
- Keep records of Grow Track attendance as it pertains to student attendance and follow up.
- Gather, report, and keep track of all service attendance records for all campuses.
- Create an accurate reporting system – that collects the attendance numbers from all campuses for Wednesday Night and Sunday services: This will include the total attendance, Dream Team attendance, VIP, and Altar Response numbers.
- Report the James River Youth totals for each campus to the Atmosphere and Hosting Department by 2pm on Sunday and 8:45pm on Wednesday Night.
- Keep track of all service attendance records for easy access if reviewing is requested.
Dream Team/ Grow Track & Assimilation:
- Responsible for tracking, assimilation, and communication with all students and Dream Teams going through the Grow Track process by working closely with the Connections Department to see students and Dream Teams through to week 4 graduation.
- Presenting at South Campus Grow Track Week 4 and connecting with potential adult and student Dream Team candidates.
- Grow Track – take note of any pertinent information or questions related to new Dream Team candidates.
- Assign new Grow Track graduates to a Dream Team and connect with the coordinating Dream Team Coach.
- Coordinate with new Dream Team Candidates via email or phone. Set up a meeting time for orientation and assimilation with their Dream Team Coach and team assignment.
- Ensure connection is made with coach for training.
- Follow up with the Dream Team Coach 2 weeks later to ensure the Dream Teamer is doing well on the team.
- Collect Grow Track and Assimilation reports from all campuses Dream Team coordinators regarding new Dream Team candidates, training, and connect.
- Get Dream Team Leads and Coaches a James River Youth Dream Team T-shirt.
Dream Team Administration/Record Keeping:
- Assign South Campus Dream Team (Students, Practicum, Pastor student Hosts, Residents, Adult Hosts, etc.) to weekly serve times in F1/GO.
- Work with all campus Dream Team Coordinators to assist with any questions regarding F1/GO.
- Email weekly South Campus Dream Team Assignments to Coaches, Adult Host Team Coach, and South Campus Leads.
- Create and maintain a follow up system for Dream Team attendance for all campuses.
- Maintain accurate records for South Dream Team attendance:
- Email attendance records following the service to the coaches.
- Ensure follow up with Dream Teams who are not showing up for their assignment.
- Communicate with Pastoral Leads if a Dream Teamer is struggling, sick, or in need of pastoral care.
- Maintain Dream Team/ Life Group – F1/GO records by updating them as needed.
- Work with Communications Manager in creating any/and all Dream Team mass email communication.
- Maintain records of Preservice Prayer attendance by gathering attendance numbers from all campuses and submitting numbers for service attendance report.
- Work to ensure South Campus follow-up for VIP/Altar response is handled in a timely manner.
- Work to address and coordinate any changes to coaches and Dream Team structure as directed by the Pastoral Lead.
Dream Team Oversight
- Ensure South Dream Team Coaches are in place for the service. Find replacement if needed.
- Ensure South VIP Connect and Check-in areas are staffed with Dream Team and assist as needed.
- Ensure Adult Host/ Dream Teamers are in place at Check-in and for Auditorium Hosting.
Dream Team Meetings/ Supply Ordering:
- Responsible for invites/RSVPs and set up of South/ ALL campus James River Youth Dream Team meetings.
- Responsible for any set up needs for the South Pre-service prayer.
VIP/ Check-in Ordering/ South Set Up:
- Oversee the ordering and purchasing for all campuses of all Dream Team supplies, t-shirts, and food items needed for meetings and Dream Team central.
- Oversee the ordering and purchasing for all campuses for all things related to the VIP/Check-in area.
- Assist in overseeing the set-up of VIP/Check-in areas by maintaining organization and stocking needs ensuring it is neat and orderly.
Special Event Support:
- 6Th Grade Orientation plan.
- James River College Practicum.
- Senior High Fall Retreat.
- Senior High Graduation events.
- James River Youth Camps.
- Giving guidance to James River Youth support staff regarding responsibilities with ALL Church Events: Designed Sisterhood Night, Easter, Stronger Men’s Conference, Life Groups Connect, Designed for Life, etc.
- Serve in close proximity to the leader in taking notes of all communication in meetings, asking questions needed, providing meeting follow-up, and keeping track of all meeting notes as needed.
- Filter both regular mail and email that is related to your role and respond within 24 hours.
- Assist in communication with the parents and students by connecting them with the team member who can assist them the most effectively with their need or question.
- Ensure that everything is in order and the director has all the info needed as it relates to the Dream Team discussion, for a meeting or an event.
- A daily walk with Christ and an attitude and lifestyle that reflects this walk.
- A heart to serve God and people.
- An ability to learn and execute technical and production elements involved in the chapel and event ministries.
- Flexibility to make small or large changes in procedures, services, position, or other areas of ministry.
- A willingness to serve wherever and whenever the need arises, regardless of if it’s in your job description or even department.
- Creativity to help create an atmosphere in James River Youth that will help teenagers experience God in a way they’ll never forget.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone etiquette.
- Proficient at editing, English usage, spelling, and punctuation.
- Leadership ability to oversee other campus Dream Team Coordinators and South Dream Team.
- Ability to get along with others and handle confidential matters.
- Ability to manage time, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- PC skills include spreadsheets, database queries, and word processing.
- Punctual, pleasant, and tactful presenting a professional appearance and conduct.
- Exhibits good judgment, honesty, and integrity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle stress, and meet critical deadlines.
Code of Conduct & Character
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.