The Creative Team Film Dept. is responsible for producing all video content for James River Church. We tell stories through video, produce weekly television programs, weekend experience videos, television ads, promotional content for social media, event openers, bumpers, LED content, event coverage and anything else that involves producing video content. We create works that build the local church and inspire audiences to grow in their personal faith.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Conceptualize, write, edit, and produce scripts as needed.
- Coordinate with Film Director on all film shoots and manage the technical aspects of the film including cameras, sound, lighting, design, etc.
- Act as the lead creative editor for large-scale projects including event openers, short films, testimony films, specialty promos, etc.
- Perform editorial functions including rough cuts, graphic design & integration, audio sweetening, color correction and final delivery.
- Make creative decisions regarding the editing of projects based on written scripts or input from Film Director, Creative Team Director, and ensuring quality control and consistency on final project.
- Understand quality design aesthetics and current trends and take what people are thinking, and bring it to screens in ways that inspire.
- Understand the context in which finished work will be used to create more effective final products.
- Assist in filming for live event coverage.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
- Must provide a Film portfolio available for review online. May include link in resume or in application.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience in film/video making (directing, editing, etc.)
- Extensive understanding of filmmaking process (development, pre-production, production and post-production)
- Video editing proficiency (Adobe Premiere)
- Color-grading proficiency
- Proficiency with production equipment (steady cam, dolly, gimbal, lighting, camera op)
- Creativity / strong editorial problem solver and self-motivator
- Passionate about the Gospel and motivated in building the local church.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.