Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- To follow work plans necessary to accomplish the objectives and goals for the Facilities needs as agreed upon by the Maintenance Manager.
- Receives and tracks work orders and maintains related records related to maintenance and preventative maintenance.
- Complete all assigned daily and weekly checklists and reports as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Measure, monitor, analyze, and implement actions necessary to meet goals and drive continual improvement.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
Building & Grounds:
- Ability to work outside for an extended amount of time in all seasons for landscaping, flower care, and snow removal.
- Assist with HVAC scheduling, monitoring, and adjustments.
- Oversee locking and arming the building when necessary.
Equipment & Supplies:
- Continually keep work areas and equipment related to maintenance organized, clean, maintained, and repaired.
- Routine maintenance of all buildings, grounds, church-owned vehicles, as well as all related equipment, systems, and
- Responsible for the organization and cleanliness of maintenance tools, supplies, and work areas.
- Perform routine maintenance of all buildings, grounds, church-owned vehicles as well as all related equipment, systems, and
Events & Vendors:
- Special Events are to be noted as “all hands-on deck”.
- Provide support for event set-up and tear-down, including large Special Events, as noted in the Church Calendar, and directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Have a working knowledge of the Church Calendar and work closely with the Calendar Coordinator.
- Working knowledge of two or more of the following: HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, General Construction, Blueprints, painting, landscaping, and Irrigation Systems.
- One years’ experience related to working knowledge of methods, equipment, and materials used in all aspects of maintenance, custodial care, and building setups.
- Be available to be on call for any Sunday & Wednesday Services breakdowns that would create an emergency.
- Shift availability 6 am to 9 pm 7 days a week. Schedule provided in advance with days off during the work week.
- Availability to work extra hours as needed for special and/or large events held or hosted by James River Church.
- Ability to lift 80 lbs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, and the public.
- Possess effective human relations and communication skills to work proactively with staff, congregation, and community.
- Ability to read and correctly interpret SDS (Safety Data Sheets).
- Ability to make independent decisions as well as clearly understand, interpret, and execute both oral and written instructions as given by the Multi-site Facilities Manager.
- Be able to manage multiple projects at once with no decline in quality control.
- Flexibility with working in a culture of improvement.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail.
- Desired but not required PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, and Teams).
Code of Conduct & Character
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.