Providing oversight to the North Campus Atmosphere and Hosting Dream Team and assisting with office tasks at the South Campus.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversees all hosting positions related to the Auditorium, Building, and Outdoor areas. Responsible for Dream Team rostering for all services and special events This includes the following positions but is not limited to Wavers, Sidewalk Hosts, Building Doors, Information Centers, Hall Hosts, Connect Center, Exterior Auditorium Door Hosts, Interior Auditorium Door Hosts, & Aisle Seating Hosts.
- Continually working to build and strengthen the Dream Team – constantly recruiting.
- Equips and trains Dream Team – making sure every individual on the team is prepared to serve and carry out their Dream Team responsibilities.
- Meets regularly with service coaches to ensure that they have a thorough understanding of their role and are able to lead well – representing the heart and vision of the leadership.
- Oversees representation of Atmosphere and Hosting Dream Team in GrowTrack
- Meet/Connect with all potential Dream Team “Prospects” during week 4 breakout and write important notes on the application.
- Keep an eye on profiles of all “Prospects” through completion of Grow Track
- Meet all “Prospects” on first serve date.
- Ensures all “Prospects” are properly trained before serving alone.
- Ensures that all Dream Teamers are checking-in at DTC.
- Connect with “Prospects” within 2 days of receiving interaction from Data Team
- Responsible for moving “Prospects” along the process in F1GO.
- Responsible for keeping F1Go updated and clean. And moving people from “Prospect/Training” to a “Regular Assignment”
- Work with the Atmosphere and Hosting Director to address any Dream Team issues that arise.
- Provide guidance to Dream Team Members who have questions and troubleshoot. Address issues or situations that arise during the service or event.
- Oversee auditorium set up of seat cards, ropes, communion, and special components for all services and special events.
- Oversee attendance count for services and special events at North Campus.
- Oversee North Campus Hosting during all special events. This includes, but is not limited to, Stronger Men’s Conference, DFL, Life Group Conference, Easter Egg Hunt, DSN, Graduations, James River Christmas etc.
- Connect weekly with the JRC Security Team prior to weekend services to be informed on any security issues or disruptions that have occurred throughout the week. Communicate and relay any pertinent information to their teams.
- Ensure preparedness of grounds and buildings for guests each week. Note furniture issues, cleanliness, and hosting area issues and address them if needed.
- Ensure stocking and prep for all Connect Centers, Information Centers, and invite cards for every service. Make sure outdated cards are removed prior to every service. Check Information Centers prior to every service.
- Oversee and cross-check that all Hosting Dream Team positions are filled. Ensure they are in place 40 minutes before service begins and that they are covered throughout the service.
- Cross-check to ensure that building areas at the North Campus (Resource, Café) are staffed and ready 40 minutes before every service or event. Notify department if needed.
- Cross-check and verify music and hall TV screens are on and at the correct volume levels. This is to be done 1 hour prior to every service or event.
- Prep Family Room & Nursing Mother’s Room for services and events.
- Assist with Dream Team member communication and relationship building with coaches and Dream Team members during the week.
- Lead pre-service meetings with coaches and Dream Team Members.
- Attend weekly Atmosphere and Hosting staff meetings
- Two (2) years of multi-line telephone or general clerical experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Solid knowledge of the James River Church departments and events.
- Experience in customer service and/or sales.
- Relevant experience to assist other areas of Office Services preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must exhibit good organizational and management skills.
- Ability to operate un-supervised, must be self-motivated.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, and punctuality.
- Attitude of hospitality and excellence in all you do, whether dealing with supervising personnel, co-workers, or visiting churches.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and equipment.
- Knowledge of how to use Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Correct usage of grammar, punctuation, and spelling and ability to serve as an editor for written communication.
- Must be a “team player” in all relationships within the office and church as a whole.
- Exhibit confidentiality and discretion when dealing with all ministry matters.
- Must be able to deal with emergencies and security issues in a calm and confidential way.
- Solid Knowledge of James River Church and events
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. James River Church staff are expected and considered to share in the responsibility of practicing and propagating the Christian gospel message and upholding the doctrine of the Church (the employer), as stated on our website and in our Bylaws. As leaders and ministers of the gospel, staff therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.