Under the supervision of the Atmosphere & Hosting Director, this position is responsible for providing oversight to the North Campus Atmosphere & Hosting Team and other duties as assigned.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversee all hosting positions related to the Auditorium, Building, and Outdoor areas. Responsible for Dream Team rostering for all services and special events This includes, but is not limited to, Wavers, Sidewalk Hosts, Building Doors, Information Centers, Hall Hosts, and Connect Center, Exterior Auditorium Door Hosts, Interior Auditorium Door Hosts, Stationary Aisle Seating Host & Aisle Seating Hosts.
- Works with campus pastors to train and oversee all service coaches and meet with them weekly. Ensure they understand the purpose for hosting in the auditorium, building, and outdoor areas and that they represent the heart and vision of the leadership.
- Work with Grow Track for the interview process and track all new Dream Team recruits from Grow Track.
- Meet/Connect with all potential Dream Team “Prospects” during week 4 breakout and write important notes on the application
- Send Thank You cards to everyone who attends week 4 breakout
- Keep an eye on profiles of all “Prospects” through completion of Grow Track
Meet all “Prospects” on the first serve date
Ensures all “Prospects” are properly trained before serving alone
Ensures that all Dream Teamers are checking -in at DTC
Connect with “Prospects” within 7 days of receiving list from the Connections Team
Responsible for moving “Prospects” along the process in F1GO
Responsible for keeping PCO updated and clean. And moving people from “Prospect/Training” to a “Regular Assignment”
Ensures all Dream Teamers that serve on the team are profiled in F1GO
Work with the Atmosphere and Hosting Director to address any Dream Team issues that arise.
Provide guidance to Dream Team Members who have questions and troubleshoots. Address issues or situations that arise during the service or event.
Oversee auditorium set up of seat cards, ropes, communion, and special components for all services and special events.
Oversee attendance count for services and special events at North Campus.
Oversee North Campus Hosting during all special events. This includes, but is not limited to, Stronger Men’s Conference, DFL, Life Group Conference, Easter Egg Hunt, DSN, Graduations, James River Christmas, etc.
Connect weekly with the JRC Security Team prior to weekend services to be informed of any security issues or disruptions that have occurred throughout the week. Communicate and relay any pertinent information to their teams.
Ensure preparedness of grounds and buildings for guests each week. Note furniture issues, cleanliness, and hosting area issues and address them if needed.
Ensure stocking and prep for all Connect Centers, Information Centers, wall info, and invite cards for every service. Make sure outdated cards are removed prior to every service. Check Information Centers prior to every service.
Oversee and cross-check that all Hosting Dream Team positions are filled. Ensure they are in place 40 minutes before service begins and that they are covered throughout the service.
Cross-check to make sure building areas at the West Campus (Resource, Café) are staffed and ready 40 minutes prior to every service or event. Notify department if needed.
Cross-check and verify music and hall TV screens are on and at the correct volume levels. This is to be done 1 hour prior to every service or event.
Prep Family Room & Nursing Mother’s Room at the for services and events.
Cross-check atrium Information Centers for neatness and staffing.
Assist with Dream Team member communication and relationship building with coaches and Dream Team members during the week.
Lead pre-service meetings with coaches and Dream Team Members.
Attend weekly Atmosphere and Hosting staff meetings
- Must exhibit good organizational and management skills.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, and punctuality.
- Attitude of hospitality and excellence in all you do, whether dealing with supervising personnel, co-workers or visiting churches.
- Correct usage of grammar, punctuation, and spelling and ability to serve as an editor for written communication.
- Must be a “team player” in all relationships within the office and church as a whole.
- Exhibit confidentiality and discretion when dealing with all ministry matters.
- Must be able to deal with emergencies and security issues in a calm and confidential way.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Ability to operate unsupervised, must be self-motivated.
Knowledge of modern office procedures and equipment.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.