The Online Campus Audio Engineer has the opportunity to impact people all around the globe by creating a world class audio experience for weekly services. This person will also participate in editing the post-production mix for James River Worship releases and other special James River Church releases.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Operate the Online Campus audio console for all weekly services and events.
- Act as audio engineer understanding the definition of desired levels and sound mix, as directed by the Online Campus Director and the Technical Director.
- Assume primary management of the Online Campus audio-production equipment.
- Attend rehearsals and meetings, as required.
- Understand basic concepts including, but not limited to, electrical safety, soundboards, cabling, circuits, music equipment, lighting, and video equipment.
- Participate in weekly post-production audio mixing of James River Worship content and other special James River Church releases.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of sound quality.
- Experience working with DiGiCo SD audio consoles or similar complex equipment.
- Working knowledge of large-scale productions and understand the planning and implementation processes of setting up a stage for live and recorded events.
- Carry the reputation of forming cooperative working relationships with other leaders; a consensus building style and discernible qualities that demonstrate cooperation and service.
- Possess general knowledge of industry standard information of audio for broadcast and live events.
- Working knowledge of organizational, administrative, and budget management practices as demonstrated by their operational experience and/or education.
- Enthusiastic agreement with the church’s organizational statements of faith, mission, and purpose.
- Balanced but energetic lifestyle in keeping with the values of James River Church, including the qualities of strong ethics, decisiveness, flexibility, firmness, and fairness.
- A positive example for others through personal integrity, self-discipline, and accountability.
- Personable, with a genuine interest in others, balancing task orientation with sensitivity to people.
- Possess effective human relations and communications skills to deal effectively with staff and the community.
- Highly participative relational and communication style, with a team member attitude.
- Issue clear and concise oral and written instructions and follow same as required.
- Good writing and personal computer skills for administration of email, preparation of budgets, correspondence, and records.
- Able to make independent decisions.
- Receptive to change and be willing to promote new ideas and techniques and take courses to improve the overall operation of the department.
- Maintain and compile accurate records, estimates, and reports as required.
- Be organized and attentive to detail.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Possess a thorough understanding of ministry through sound engineering in the local church demonstrated by 2-3 years of experience; OR
- Education will likely rest in the media production and/or communication-related fields and they will have to keep current with relevant practices as well as being intimately connected with the sound industry, OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. James River Church staff are expected and considered to share in the responsibility of practicing and propagating the Christian gospel message and upholding the doctrine of the Church (the employer), as stated on our website and in our Bylaws. As leaders and ministers of the gospel, staff therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.