The Online Connections Pastor has the opportunity to make a global influence through meaningful connections with the James River Church Online Family through our weekly
services, events, Life Groups, and GrowTrack.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Act as the service leader for all Online Campus services.
- Provide pastoral leadership for the Online Campus.
- Gives leadership and direction to the various team members who support Online Campus services – Digital Marketing, Live Production, and Dream Team.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends (such as but not limited to) live streaming, Apple IOS updates, Facebook updates, YouTube updates, misc. software updates.
- Responsible for ensuring marketing is implemented properly and stays within the approved budget.
- Responsible for accurate and well documented data reporting.
- Responsible for all hosting segments (such as but not limited to) pre-hosting, post-hosting, and Virtual Foyer.
- Responsible for systematically implementing fresh and creative graphics, music, segments, and concepts with the Director of the Online Campus.
- Oversee each event that is happening in person and implement an online option (Such as but not limited to) – New People Party, DSN, SMC, DFL, MBS, and Saturday Serve, Christmas, Easter.
- Gives leadership and direction to the various team members who support Online Campus events – Digital Marketing, Live Production, and Dream Team.
- Provide insight and direction to event marketing and promotion for the Online Campus content (emails, texts, ad campaigns, etc.…)
- Oversee the Online Campus budget for each event.
- Oversee and develop the On-Demand Content for each event as needed.
- Responsible for building and streaming onto Brushfire Platforms as needed.
- Oversee the connections systems within the Online Campus.
- Responsible for all form submissions and interactions to be completed in a timely manner.
- Act as the main connection point for people in their next steps at JRC and pastorally help them on their discipleship journey.
- Responsible for leading, registrations, and event planning of each Online New People Party.
- Responsible for pastoral needs within the Online Campus family.
- Attend Pastoral Prayer Days.
- Attend Multi-Site Meetings.
- Attend Leadership Lunches.
- Oversees and leads the Online Campus Life Groups in partnership with the Life Groups Office.
- Stays in communication with Life Groups Department on numbers, new members, and new attendees.
- Responsible to maintain the required standard for leading Life Groups.
- Responsible to recruit, train, disciple, and retain new Life Group Leaders.
- Lead and oversee Online Life Group Leaders Connect.
- Report weekly updates to leadership on Life Groups to the director of the Online Campus.
- Oversees and leads GrowTrack online in partnership with the Connections Team.
- Create high-quality video experiences for those joining and develop an exciting environment.
- 2 or more years of pastoral ministry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment; as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to get along well with others and handle confidential matters.
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally orally and in writing.
- PC skills including spreadsheet, database query, and word processing.
- Must be punctual, pleasant, and tactful with professional appearance and conduct.
- Exhibit professionalism and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Capacity to interact positively with and provide service to others at all levels within JRC.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the general public.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Knowledge of the Brushfire Platform.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.