To provide pastoral and administrative support to the North Campus Pastor, assisting in the areas of administration, management of special events, and general assistance as it pertains to the North Campus. To assist with the recruitment and leading of Dream Teams to perform daily tasks and preparations for weekly services and special meetings/events. A flexible schedule will be required at times due to coordinating with irregular working hours.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
1. Serve as the initial point of contact for the North Campus; responds to inquiries, both phone and email, regarding the ministries associated with the campus.
2. Provide administrative support to the North Campus Pastor by:
Managing calendars and scheduling of appointments.
Drafting correspondence for ministry events, and promptly responding to inquiries/requests.
Processing purchase requisitions within departmental budget guidelines and managing the North Campus budget.
Receiving visitors for the campus and maintaining a customer service attitude in the office.
Assisting with Dream Team and leader training and events, which includes preparing materials for meetings, reserving venue/room space, running errands as needed, and sending correspondence information to teams.
All general office duties (correspondence, phone calls, computer tasks, mail, email, ordering of supplies, etc.)
3. Provide specialized pastoral support to the North Campus Pastor:
To attend and be available for special event rehearsals, assist with preparations and coordination with department teams.
Assist with in-service support and atmosphere experience, specifically in the area of worship and production needs
Available for necessary meetings for the purpose of note taking, follow-up and action.
Serve as representative on behalf of North Campus Pastor when needed.
Aid in pastoral task management, errands and daily/weekly objectives.
4. Assist with weekly tasks pertaining to the North Campus, including but not limited to:
Ensuring the reception desk is covered, preparing the building for services and events, communicating with other departments to manage booths and promotions at the campus, etc.
Oversee the scheduling of Pastors’ Breakfast Dream Team.
Coordinate logistics and set-up for Baby Dedications at North Campus, working with the Early Childhood department.
Assist the North Campus Pastor with recruiting and scheduling of JRC/North Campus Leadership Hosts.
Assist in the planning and preparation for funerals held at the North Campus in coordination with the Pastoral Care Department.
Assist with scheduling cookie visits for assigned campus and preparing gift bags as needed for team.
Provide support to quality control and preparation for the worship venue in coordination with Live Production, Worship, and Atmosphere and Hosting teams prior to Sunday and Wednesday services.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
5. Assist in coordinating other special events at the North Campus including but not limited to James River Christmas, Vision Sunday, Baptism Events, New People Party, Men’s Bible Study, etc:
From conception to clean-up, including but not limited to recruiting and leading Dream Teams and residents, packet preparation, product detail, registration, manning booths, handling money, etc.
6. Serve as point of contact for the Adult Ministries department. Responds to inquiries, both phone and email, regarding the tasks associated with the department including, but not limited to:
Assist in the recruiting, training, communications, processing, and data management for North Campus Life Groups:
- Prospective and current Life Group attendees
- Prospective and current Life Group leaders
- Prospective and current Life Group coaches
Recruit and train Dream Team for baptism assistance. Ensure supplies are prepared, organized and maintained for weekly baptisms.
7. Work with One Heart ministry leader to provide the following at the North Campus:
Recruitment, training and scheduling of One Heart on Sundays and Wednesdays
Keep inventory of One Heart Food pantry
Coordinate collection of Bags by the Bumper on first Sunday of the month including sorting of groceries for One Heart.
- Two (2) years of secretarial and general clerical experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures including, poised phone presence, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, church database, Life Group tracking system, filing, copying, proper English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task and excel in a fast-paced work environment while maintaining organization and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally orally and in writing.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the general public.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and required.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.