To work closely with the James River Preschool Academy Coordinator in executing the schedule and curriculum for the James River Preschool Academy program. Must love working with preschool-age children. Assist classroom teacher with day-to-day instruction, classroom management, etc.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Maintain the CACFP food program books.
- Implement Weekday Preschool weekly academic curriculum.
- Communicate with families via daily sheets each day.
- Greet families at morning drop-off.
- Follow all licensing requirements.
- Implement a behavior and social-emotional health and well-being plan/curriculum.
- Assist with parent life group sessions.
- Follow the state guidelines regarding the student-to-teacher ratio with your class at all times.
- Follow state guidelines for sanitation requirements in rooms.
- Any additional preschool support as needed.
- Red carpet attitude – remember you are here to serve others.
- Be flexible in every aspect of the job.
- Greet parents and children at door; learn their names and use them often.
- No cell phone or other media usage is allowed.
- Friend visits are not acceptable.
- No food or drinks in the gymnasium except bottled water.
- Always leave a room better than you found it.
- Be aware of emergency evacuation routes and procedures.
- All are required to participate in the following activities (see at-will agreement).
- Bi-weekly staff meetings.
- Attend scheduled meetings and training days (paid time).
- Early Childhood Development A.A.S. Degree; and/or
- Minimum of 20 hours of college credits; and/or
- Job Experience in an Early Childhood Facility.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Policy and Procedures:
- Complete requested background screening prior to start date.
- Complete fingerprints with the state.
- Register with Family Care Registry prior to start date.
- Provide physical exam results and TB test results prior to start date.
- Read Licensed Rule Book and sign required statement.
- Complete state required training.
- Read the James River Weekday Preschool and Preschool Academy Teacher Handbook and sign required statement.
- Abide by no cell phone usage while on duty.
- Ability to lift, push or pull 25 pounds.
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel, and reach.
- Ability to walk independently up and down a normal flight of 13-15 stairs.
- In the event that you are going to be absent please notify the James River Preschool Academy Coordinator immediately.
- Time off should be requested two weeks in advance of an absence.
If absenteeism is affecting your class/performance, a meeting will be scheduled with the Preschool Academy Director and Coordinator.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.