Answer all incoming calls and greet visitors with the highest standard of customer service and Christian attitude. Connect visitor to the appropriate department/staff member. Oversee incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries. Assist the Atmosphere & Hosting department as needed.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Opens reception promptly at the assigned time each morning
- Represents the church culture well to all guests and staff members.
- Courteously greets all visitors in a friendly manner, promptly assisting with their needs.
- Maintain guest sign in sheets.
- Forwards voicemails and emails from the Answering Service when needed.
- Answers all calls in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Transfers all calls promptly, leaving no one on hold more than 30 seconds.
- Communicates to security if a concern arises regarding office reception.
- Maintains an orderly reception area.
- Maintains list of staff extensions and cell numbers.
- Maintain up to date changes to the recordings regarding services times, closings, and special events.
- Create voice messages for the JRC reception desk regarding service cancellations or inclement weather.
- Crosscheck JRC staff voicemail recordings for appropriateness and accuracy.
- Tracks phone calls and appointments for the campus.
- Communicates important information to West and North campus receptionists.
- Trains other staff/Dream Teamers to assist in reception area when needed.
- Proactively gathers relevant information regarding church events and departments.
- Remains in reception area unless a temporary backup or replacement is scheduled to cover the tasks at the desk.
- Creates and sends out the “Pocket Calendar” to all hosting teams every Wednesday and Friday.
- Updates “Team Huddle Calendar” for Atmosphere & Hosting every Wednesday and Friday
- Assists Atmosphere & Hosting and other departments with administrative tasks when needed pre direction from Atmosphere & Hosting Director.
- Two (2) years of multi-line telephone or general clerical experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Solid knowledge of the James River Church departments and events.
- Experience in customer service and/or sales.
- Relevant experience to assist other areas of Office Services preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Outstanding customer service and phone manner.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment, as well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the general public.
- Front-line representation and solid knowledge of the James River Church departments and events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and required.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.