This employee shall be dedicated to the Safety and Security of James River staff and visitors utilizing public relations skills to ensure a welcoming environment while administering rules and regulations in a friendly and courteous manner and promoting the mission of James River Church, to ‘Reach the Lost’. They will follow church safety and security policies and procedures. Reporting of all accidents, injuries, and unsafe conditions to the appropriate department, while maintaining confidentiality and protecting facility assets. Will require Sunday, Wednesday, or Special event hours at the campus, as requested.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Monitor entrances and exits – all persons gaining entrance to the building.
- Temperature taking and mask wearing of all entering James River Facilities (some exceptions are excluded).
- Maintain log in and log out sheets as requested.
- Display excellent customer (Hosting) relations.
- Assist the Early Childhood and Preschool department with needs:
- Including but not limited to helping with medical concerns with the kiddos.
- Responsible for completing paperwork and forwarding it to the appropriate James River Church Staff.
- Assist emergency personnel with 911 calls made for illness or injuries.
- Helping with some indoor and outdoor playground movement of classes.
- Running emergency drills with the Early Childhood, Weekday Preschool, and James River Church staff.
- Maintain James River Church security policies.
- Document all incidents with a detailed report including photos if needed.
- Notify police, fire, or medical as needed.
- Notify appropriate James River Church Staff of emergency or urgent situations and of persons with questionable intent.
- Assist with emergency situations within or on the campus facility.
- Provide daily activity reports on all incidents within the day.
- Ensure clothing and appearance is clean and professional.
- In conjunction work with the Department Dream Team Coordinator for all incoming new Dream Team for Department.
- Maintain CPR/First Aid/AED and other medical certificates requested.
- Training along with James River Security Team personnel is required.
- Manage Kids Security Dream Team and Leaders for your campus.
- Some Saturday and most Sunday work is required.
- Willing to drive to any James River Church campus as requested or required; some Joplin trips may be requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two (2) years of work experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be POST certified or have security experience on the James River Church Security Team.
- Must have a clean driving record. Any previous driving violations must be reviewed and approved.
- Continue training and certifications as required or requested by James River Church Staff.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to get along well with others as well as handle confrontational matters in a professional and Christ-like manner.
- Manage time and priorities appropriately.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in a variety of situations.
- Speak clearly. Talk to others to convey information effectively.
- Active listening. Give full attention to what other people are saying, take time to understand points being made, and ask questions for understanding without interrupting.
- Critical Thinking. Use logic and reason to determine possible outcomes or conclusions.
- Use good judgment.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Must be punctual, pleasant, and tactful with professional appearance and conduct.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- May be required to sit stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Able to climb, lift, carry, or pull.
- Ability to interact positively with and provide service to others at all levels within James River Church.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, business professionals and the public.
- Exhibit, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.