Assist the South Campus Building & Outdoor DT Coordinator in leading the Atmosphere and Hosting Dream Team during Sunday and Wednesday services & events.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
Service Assistance (11 hours)
- Sunday: 7am-2:30pm
- Wednesday: 6pm-9:30pm
- Assist in building walkthrough checking for cleanliness and overall readiness:
- TVs turned on around building (volume on in family rooms)
- The chairs inside of building doors straightened.
- Metal stands stocked and tidy.
- Family rooms tidy & baby waters out.
- Tithe boxes stocked with offering envelopes.
- General tidiness around building and furniture
- Check that interpretation has microphone and computer upstairs.
- Assist in leading team huddles.
- Assist in positioning and training Dream Team
- Assist in making sure the team is in position across the building doors and outside prior to service and during service.
- Oversee new dream team onboarding and training.
- Assist in building and auditorium tear-down.
- Assist with offering (auditorium offering & tithe boxes).
- Assist with other tasks/projects related to Atmosphere and Hosting as directed
- Two (2) years of multi-line telephone or general clerical experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Solid knowledge of the James River Church departments and events.
- Experience in customer service and/or sales.
- Relevant experience to assist other areas of Office Services preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must exhibit good organizational and management skills.
- Ability to operate unsupervised, must be self-motivated.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, and punctuality.
- Attitude of hospitality and excellence in all you do, whether dealing with supervising personnel, co-workers, or visiting churches.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and equipment.
- Correct usage of grammar, punctuation, and spelling and ability to serve as an editor for written communication.
- Must be a “team player” in all relationships within the office and church as a whole.
- Exhibit confidentiality and discretion when dealing with all ministry matters.
- Must be able to deal with emergencies and security issues in a calm and confidential way.
- Solid Knowledge of James River Church and events
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. James River Church staff are expected and considered to share in the responsibility of practicing and propagating the Christian gospel message and upholding the doctrine of the Church (the employer), as stated on our website and in our Bylaws. As leaders and ministers of the gospel, staff therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.