As the Video Director, you’ll work within the Live Production team to advance the gospel through the execution of the weekend worship experience on a campus. You will with the Video Director to support, program and maintain a high level of excellent visual impact across multiple campuses, actively recruit and train volunteers serving in various production venues within the church and help steward the technical equipment that is important to James River Church in our mission to reach the lost by reaching young families.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist with live directing the weekly worship experience.
- Edit sermons, recaps, and worship videos for YouTube and television.
- Assist with production needs for all campus-specific events including worship experiences, outreach events, volunteer meetings/rallies, baptisms, youth events, etc.
- Train production volunteers to effectively use live production technologies in our worship experiences.
- Create and build creative elements and sermon illustrations as necessary.
- Maintain the campus’s technical equipment and work with the Video Director for repairs and upgrades.
- Assist in the production execution of all non-weekend special events as needed.
- Manage inventory of all technical assets across campuses and storage facilities.
- Coordinate service archival with Creative Team department.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of technical experience or equivalent life experience
- Passion for excellence in the production quality of a worship experience
- Ability to make sound, critical decisions under pressure.
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Strong knowledge of AVL systems and experience in live production (camera operation, switching, theatrical lighting, audio, and video editing)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Please provide the necessary knowledge, skills, & abilities for this position.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. James River Church staff are expected and considered to share in the responsibility of practicing and propagating the Christian gospel message and upholding the doctrine of the Church (the employer), as stated on our website and in our Bylaws. As leaders and ministers of the gospel, staff therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.