Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Complete requested background screening prior to start date (this will be completed with the new employee paperwork upon hire with HR)
- Register with Family Care Registry prior to start date
- Provide physical exam results and TB test results prior to start date
- Complete comprehensive criminal background check (this is separate from the screening completed with the new employee paperwork with HR)
- Complete state required training
- CPR Certification
- Read License Exempt Rule Book and sign required statement
- Read the James River Weekday Preschool Teacher Handbook and sign required statement
- Abide by no cell phone usage while on duty
- Ability to lift, push or pull 25 pounds
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel, and reach
- Ability to walk independently up and down a normal flight of 13-15 stairs
- Ability to participate in outdoor activities as indicated on the classroom schedule
- Function as an assistant leader
- Make sure room is clean, stocked and in order
- Assist with oversight of the classroom (keep class on schedule, make sure diapers are changed, kids go to bathroom, etc.)
- Assist with implementing James River Weekday Preschool Infant Curriculum in the classroom
- Verify parent and child claim tags match when children are picked up
- Assist with parents that enter building to drop off or pick up child
- Facilitate group activities
- Develop and maintain relationships with children and parents
- Take attendance of children
- Follow the Notification of Parental Responsibility guidelines regarding the student-to-teacher ratio with your class at all times
- Follow state guidelines for sanitation requirements in rooms
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Red carpet attitude – remember you are here to serve others
- Be flexible in every aspect of the job
- Greet parents and children at door; learn their names and use them often
- No cell phone or other media usage allowed
- Friend visits are not acceptable
- No food or drinks in the Playlands except bottled water
- Always leave a room better than you found it
- Be aware of emergency evacuation routes & procedures
All are required to participate in the following activities:
- Attend scheduled meetings and training days (paid time)
- In the event that you are going to be absent please notify the James River Preschool Coordinator immediately.
- Time off should be requested two weeks’ in advance of absence.
**If absenteeism is affecting your class, a meeting will be scheduled with the Weekday Preschool Director and Coordinator.**
Code of Conduct & Character
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry