To work closely with the James River Preschool Coordinator in planning and executing the schedule and curriculum for the James River Weekday Preschool program. Greet and communicate with parents in relation to their child. Assume weekly management of room duties.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Function as room leader or assistant leader.
- Make sure room is clean, stocked and in order.
- Oversee classroom (keep class on schedule, make sure diapers are changed, kids go to bathroom, etc.)
- Implement James River Weekday Preschool Curriculum in your classroom.
- Verify the child has been checked in and is wearing their check-in sticker at drop off.
- Verify parent and child claim tags match when children are picked up.
- Assist with parents that enter building to drop off or pick up child.
- Facilitate group activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with children and parents.
- Take attendance of children.
- Follow the NPR guidelines regarding the student to teacher ratio with your class at all times.
- Follow State guidelines for sanitation requirements in rooms.
- Red carpet attitude – remember you are here to serve others.
- Be flexible in every aspect of the job.
- Greet parents and children at door; learn their names and use them often.
- No cell phone or other media usage allowed.
- Friend visits are not acceptable.
- No food or drinks in the Playlands except bottled water.
- Always leave a room better than you found it.
- Be aware of emergency evacuation routes and procedures.
- In the event you are going to be absent please notify the Sub Coordinator immediately.
- Time off should be requested two weeks in advance of absence.
If absenteeism is affecting your class, a meeting will be scheduled with the Weekday Preschool Director and Coordinator
- Complete requested background screening prior to start date.
- Register with Family Care Registry prior to start date.
- Provide physical exam results and TB test results prior to start date.
- Attend James River Church Grow Track Classes prior to start date.
- Read License Exempt Rule Book and sign required statement.
- Read the James River Weekday Preschool Teacher Handbook and sign required statement.
- All are required to participate in the following activities:
- James River Weekday Preschool Planning Meetings (paid time)
- Attend Scheduled meetings and Training days (paid time)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Abide by no cell phone usage while on duty.
- Ability to lift, push or pull 25 pounds.
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel, and reach.
- Ability to walk independently up and down a normal flight of 13-15 stairs.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.